“Terrible place to eat”

Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible place to eat”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As soon as you get in you will see how dirty the place is; it smells so bad that it is hard to stay inside. I had to leave because the plates on the table were dirty. Avoid this place if you can.

Visited August 2013

Montgomery, Texas
“Know now why their parking lot had plenty of space!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were in Austin visiting kids and grandchildren and went out to eat on a Saturday evening. We did not have reservations and tried a new restaurant (for us) in their neighborhood. It was around 6 PM and they said we would have to wait around an hour for a table for 7. With hungry small kids, we opted to try somewhere else. Johnny Carino's was nearby and their lot was only half full. We had not eaten there before either, but had eaten at one in Amarillo a couple of years before and were very well pleased with that experience.

We were seated immediately. We noticed a lot of wait-staff present, and learned they had a trainee following each regular waiter. We ordered stuffed mushrooms and a mini calamari as appetizers. We ordered a bottle of Frances Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon for the adults and waters for the kids. The adults ordered the "Saturday Special" where two could dine from selected entrees for $24.99. My wife and daughter-in-law ordered the Balsamic glazed chicken breast served with angel hair, spinach, Roma tomatoes, and parmesan. Our son ordered their signature hand-breaded chicken served with tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella and served with spaghetti. I had homemade 16-layer lasagna made with layers of pasta, Italian sausage, beef, meat sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. The kids had one pizza dipper and two orders of kid's mac-N-cheese. The adult orders came with salads. We had two Caesar's (with little dressing as requested) and two house salads with ranch, all of which were very good. The starters were also all very good. There was a moderate, but not too long a wait for the salads.

It then seemed a very long time before the entrees came out. The kids were growing impatient and claiming about being hungry. Once the adult entrees arrived, we had to wait maybe another 5 minutes before the kids entrees arrived??? My son indicated his chicken was very good; was cooked and seasoned well. The tomato sauce, however, was very bland; no salt, no garlic, no seasoning at all. My lasagna was pretty good, but strangely, the Italian sausage and beef was all in the sauce and not in the actual lasagna. My wife's and daughter-in-law's balsamic chicken was overcooked, dry, and very bland, again with seemingly absolutely no seasoning! Both said their angel hair pasta was bland and had a slightly peculiar (and unidentified) taste. Both found some fettuccine noodles in their angel hair - no non-food items, but yet an indication of not proper separation of foods in the kitchen.

Although not exceptionally long, it did take us an hour and a half to get served and eat and we found ourselves several times waiting what seemed like long periods for food from the kitchen when the restaurant was not full. The problem did seem to be the kitchen and the wait-staff was attentive. When the entrees arrived some were not properly prepared and / or were very bland. Afterwards, we realized why their lot & restaurant was not full when other surrounding ones were full with people waiting.

• Visited June 2013
Cedar Park
“yummy”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

love the place good food ,service,music,and good value...what more can i say i go all yhe time and never have been disappointed with this place also its right around the corner from my house..

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Food was OK, service wasn't”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and had dinner before a music performance we went to and I had the lasagna and she had the create your own pasta dish. The lasagna was fine, but the pasta left a lot to be desired. She added chicken to it (extra $) and there was hardly a trace to be found. She asked for more sauce and they took five minutes to bring it out. The waiter asked if he could "dump" it over her pasta...how unappetizing?? We left disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Temple, Texas
“New waitress acted like she was doing us a favor.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped in on a Sunday evening. I know the waitress was new because she had another waiter assisting (he was quite good). However, her attitude was more like she was doing us a favor. I ordered unsweet tea with lemon. I received sweet tea with lemon. When I mentioned it, she brought me back unsweet tea without lemon. We asked for more bread and it was forgotten. She didn't ask if I wanted a refill on my soup. The food was above average. Hopefully if you stop here, you won't get her or she's improved by then.

• Visited April 2013