“Best steak, great staff, overall my favorite steakhouse! 4.5 Dots!”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #13 of 349 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk
“Best steak, great staff, overall my favorite steakhouse! 4.5 Dots!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Rating: 4.5 dots

I had been waiting to come back to a Saltgrass for over three years and this one did not disappoint! Located just off the I-35 in Round Rock, it was easy to get to from Killeen and had ample parking. My colleague and I were greeted promptly and shown to a table right away. The atmosphere is fairly loud when busy, and the decor is what you would expect from a family-friendly steakhouse: it's fun, tasteful-tacky and unabashedly Texan.

Our waitress was friendly, quick and pretty attentive and brought us beer bread to munch on. Since it had been over three years since my last steak here, I went BIG and ordered the king of steaks, the T-bone ($25), with a sweet potato, and my colleague ordered the top sirloin steak and grilled shrimp ($21.50) with a sweet potato, as well. The T-bone was PERFECT, cooked rare with their signature seasoning (seriously, buy a bottle). The potato was a little over cooked and mushy for my taste, but the cinnamon butter made it great! My colleague was happy with his choice as well, and, with a nice Shiner Bock draft (~$4), the meal was complete.

Overall, it was well worth the three year respite, but I hope to be back much sooner. I believe Saltgrass is the best value for a great steak, and this location fits the chain nicely. Also, I highly recommend picking up a bottle of their seasoning. I use it at home all the time, and, next to Lawry's, it's the best American spice blend out there.

• Visited July 2014

Hutto, Texas
“nice and good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The 12.99 early dining. The service was great and the atmosphere was quiet at 530pm. Salsa was perfecto with nice light chips.

Visited August 2014
“Steak”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Outstanding. Having eaten at a few of this chain restaurant in Texas and all were good. Steak combination platters are many and all are cooked to perfection. Good service, prices, and food. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014
“It's like any other over cutesy decorated including deer heads on the wall and loud country's music”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Staff VERY friendly and helpful
Tables in booths unusually high ( just odd)
Bread not great
Shared Porterhouse , bone in , good and prepared perfectly
An oddity : dr pepper is a Texas drink but they don't carry diet dr p so I had diet coke ( which I sent back bc it was all syrup and no fizz)
Just another steakhouse

Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
“Steak, steak, steak”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel recommended us this steak restaurant and it was good. The steaks were baked to perfection and the slightly smoked taste added to the flavor. The waiter was fast, quick and friendly. Unfortunately the rest of the food was just average, therefore a 4 star and not 5 stars

• Visited June 2014