“Great basic Tex-Mex”

Tio Dan Puffy Tacos
Ranked #42 of 360 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Always friendly service and the food is always good. You can get breakfast tacos all day long and the combinations seem endless. Eat there or take them to go. Salsa is freshly made as is the pico. The parking lot is a challenge but once the roadwork on the nearby streets is finished it should be a breeze to get in and out of.

There are newer reviews for Tio Dan Puffy Tacos

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I never had a puffy taco. The difference here was the masa they put into the taco shell. The beef tacowas best, chicken was too overcooked. I guess you have to be a local, to know the ropes here; no time to dawdle over your choices. I had to let people get ahead of me in the order line. The locals knew what they wanted and the line went fast.
Will know better next visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We liked the tacos, but thought the enchiladas and also the fajitas were just average. We noticed that they had a buffet. Will have to go back and try them again really soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food and the service was great. The queso was warm and cheesy with just the right amount of pice and the chips are warm, fresh, thin and crisp. The tea was refilled promply and old and fresh and my caldo was really good, chuck full of cabbage, carrots, potato, and zuchini and tnder chunks of beef. The broth was very tasty! The corn tortillas were flavorful. The young woman that waited on me was very nice and a very efficient waitress who checked on me often. I will frequent Tio Dan's since i live lose by, just sorry i waited so long to try it. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the restaurant could use some updating,however it was very clean.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our first visit to Tio Dan's and we were happy that the food was cooked fresh. We had the puffy taco and quesadilla plates and both were good. The chips and puffy tacos are a little on the greasy side because they are freshly cooked and the chicken wasn't really drained before being put on the tacos which made the bottoms a little soggy. The flour tortilla's that come with every plate are warm and fresh.