“Wow this place is good!!”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 382 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you are on a budget, the appetizer's are 1/2 price for happy hour and you can easily make a meal out of those! But don't miss the chicken fried beef rib which is $15. The quality of the food was really really good and last night we were lucky to be there on a night they had homemade peach ice cream with an oatmeal pecan cookie, very yummy! Can't wait to go back and try more.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

While this was a good lunch, it was pushing the high side of the budget for what we got. The food was good, but not abundant; service was very good; atmosphere was very good. Just priced a little higher than comparable places. We may go back - or eat at other interesting places in the area.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Jack Allen's serves locally sourced farm-fresh ingredients in both familiar and innovative ways. We typically go here at least once per week. It is a step above and beyond the fare typically available in the suburbs. When my grandsons visit, this is one of their "must do" items for Sunday brunch.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I have been to Jack Allens many times and it always excellent. This time I decided to try the chicken fried beef rib. All I can say is OMG! It was delicious. What a new take on the beef rib. As it was my wife's birthday, they gave her a free desert. We chose the chocolate bomb and it couldn't have been any better. This restaurant is always top notch and at a very reasonable price. Nothing fancy, just great food!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I moved to the North Austin area a little over a month ago and we've already been to Jack Allen's Kitchen on three separate occasions: once for our anniversary, once with friends, and once when my family visited. Each time the service was excellent and the food was delicious. We love the fact that the chefs use food from the Austin area and that they have a daily menu that is dependent on what is available from area farms on that day. Wonderful food and great atmosphere. Needless to say I wouldn't be surprised if we visited another three times in the coming months.