WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Jack Allen's Kitchen

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 340 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grapeland, Texas
“Wonderful food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Cedar Park and went for dinner. Happy hour included appetizers along with drinks. I highly recommend the pomegranate sage Rita it was very good and they don't skimp on the alcohol! The choice in appetizers is amazing! the entrees are diverse and everything we had was delicious. I had the green chili pork tacos, lots of food and very tasty. My young grand kids were with us and it was a great environment for them. The wait staff was knowledgable and very attentive.

Visited November 2013

Destin, Florida
“Can't wait for my second trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Jack Allen's was so delicious! I went with 6 family members and everyone loved what they ordered. The food is unique, inventive, and the flavor combos are one of a kind I can't wait for my second trip. I hear their brunch is not to be missed. I believe it's $15.99pp and possibly just on Sundays. The service was very courteous and professional. We will be back!

“Good drinks and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was a great experience. I had one of their mojitos and it was DELICIOUS! Not too sweet! I had the short ribs and grits for dinner and it was really good but really heavy as well! Definitely recommend this place !

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great for business dinner...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The group I was with have all traveled to Austin many times, and in fact stayed right next door to Jack Allen's Kitchen without ever trying it. I twisted their arms about trying it based on the reviews I found online, and our customer vouched for the place, saying, "Jack Allen's Kitchen is awesome!"

The restaurant was packed (a good sign), so we had a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner. My only complaint is that we did wait probably 40-45 minutes for a table, when we were told 20-30, but it was worth it.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is really laid back and fun, but also very clean - you can tell these guys know what they're doing. The staff were very attentive and helpful.

We had the guacamole and wedge salads for starters, and they were great. They serve Moscow Mules correctly, in copper mugs. They also have a lot of great drinks featuring Tito's vodka. I drank Shiner Bock, which was ice cold.

I ordered the fish tacos, which were really excellent. A lot of people at the table raved about the chorizo stuffed pork.

We also ended up ordering desserts, and I wish I could remember exactly what everyone got because between us we ordered most of them. They're all house-made every day, so the selection changes constantly. I will say this - they were some of the best desserts I've had in a restaurant.

If you're looking for a classy-but-in-a-nice-way place to have a really solid dinner with great food made from fresh ingredients, Jack Allen's Kitchen comes highly recommended by me.

1 Thank HoosierTraveler19
Georgetown, Texas
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family went here for my birthday, and fortunately, we got there early before the lines started forming. We had read a lot about Jack Allen's down in Austin and were pleased to see that they had one not far from us in Round Rock. We were impressed that they source local farms for much of their food products and we found the food to be fresh and excellent. At our table we had the tenderloin, chicken with pesto sauce and the fish tacos. They were all outstanding. If you get dessert you won't be disappointed. Try the peanut butter pie! Other than a slow service glitch at the beginning we found the experience, service and food to be top notch. The atmosphere was bright and homey. We will return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles