“Great for business dinner...”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 353 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great for business dinner...”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The group I was with have all traveled to Austin many times, and in fact stayed right next door to Jack Allen's Kitchen without ever trying it. I twisted their arms about trying it based on the reviews I found online, and our customer vouched for the place, saying, "Jack Allen's Kitchen is awesome!"

The restaurant was packed (a good sign), so we had a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner. My only complaint is that we did wait probably 40-45 minutes for a table, when we were told 20-30, but it was worth it.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is really laid back and fun, but also very clean - you can tell these guys know what they're doing. The staff were very attentive and helpful.

We had the guacamole and wedge salads for starters, and they were great. They serve Moscow Mules correctly, in copper mugs. They also have a lot of great drinks featuring Tito's vodka. I drank Shiner Bock, which was ice cold.

I ordered the fish tacos, which were really excellent. A lot of people at the table raved about the chorizo stuffed pork.

We also ended up ordering desserts, and I wish I could remember exactly what everyone got because between us we ordered most of them. They're all house-made every day, so the selection changes constantly. I will say this - they were some of the best desserts I've had in a restaurant.

If you're looking for a classy-but-in-a-nice-way place to have a really solid dinner with great food made from fresh ingredients, Jack Allen's Kitchen comes highly recommended by me.

1 Thank HoosierTraveler19

Georgetown, Texas
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family went here for my birthday, and fortunately, we got there early before the lines started forming. We had read a lot about Jack Allen's down in Austin and were pleased to see that they had one not far from us in Round Rock. We were impressed that they source local farms for much of their food products and we found the food to be fresh and excellent. At our table we had the tenderloin, chicken with pesto sauce and the fish tacos. They were all outstanding. If you get dessert you won't be disappointed. Try the peanut butter pie! Other than a slow service glitch at the beginning we found the experience, service and food to be top notch. The atmosphere was bright and homey. We will return.

AUSTIN
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Give this place a try...you won't regret it. They have great online reservations system that rocks and so easy to book a table. Food is quality and have staff to go with it. i have only tried the Round Rock location...but been there several times now and each time was impressed.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MICHAEL D
Austin, Texas
“Two for two”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have been to Jack Allen's twice and both meals were outstanding. Great wait staff and fun bar to hang out with friends.

Visited October 2013
Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aubrey was awesome!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant lived up to the reviews and made me look good with deciding wen my mom visited! Thank you! Everything was great!