“This kitchen is cookin...”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 370 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

...with an inventive menu, attentive service, and delicious food. Stand-out's during our visit were the guacamole, fish tacos, & strawberry cobbler, but all the entrees at our table were good. The open layout made it a bit noisy at times - not a place for quiet, cozy romance.

Highly recommend getting out of your own kitchen and coming here instead.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We tried the brunch at Jack Allen's (Round Rock location) for Easter and weren't disappointed.
The food is fresh and the price is extremely reasonable.
There is a buffet with items such as migas, salads, sausages, hashbrowns, pastries, donuts. You ask your waiter for eggs (made to order) and pancakes. The apple-pecan pastry was to die for, as was the chicken.
Mimosas are priced to sell.

Because of the food quality and reasonable prices, this place is packed. We had a reservation and the place was full, and there were at least 10 walk-in parties waiting to be seated.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

After fighting holiday traffic into Austin to pick up our race packet, we were chugging back home to Georgetown with stomachs growling. On a whim, after hearing a lot of great things about this restaurant, we decided to try it out for a very early dinner. As we were seated on the patio we were told happy hour had started which included all the appetizers and drinks. We tried some of the brews on tap, the chunky pork dip, a Jack Allen's Burger and the trout. All flavors were wonderful. Yes, we shared the strawberry cobbler and it was refreshing and delicious. It did put us into the too full range. As we were leaving, the restaurant was completely filling up with those sharing a happy hour. This place will see us again. The menu was very diverse!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A few days ago I ate at Jack Allen's for the first time. I ordered a lunch dish from the daily special menu - a "taco" whose exact name I forget. No matter. In spie of the fact that it was one of the best meals I have had in ages, you won't be able to order it 'til next fall. Why? Because the restaurant uses local and fresh produce and it's too hot now for growing spinach. This taco was unlike any other I've ever eaten: an unusual, crispy taco made there, heaped with black beans, a rice concoction, shredded cabbage, wonderful flavorings I couldn't name, and FRIED FRESH SPINACH - all in a 4" high heap! It was so good I asked if I could have the recipe, a request that was graciously sidestepped. I'm really fussy about iced tea, too, and theirs was excellent. I hope some out-of-towners visit soon so I can take them there. Oh, and the ambiance, with floor to rafter draperies partially separating the bar from the dining and original art work on all walls was very pleasant.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Until this point in time the best breakfast buffet I had ever enjoyed was in Tossa de Mar, Spain. Jack Allen's kitchen knocked it into second place. There are 4 people in my family and we all had different favorites. Let me assure you that choosing a favorite item was no easy task at this restaurant. We made it a one meal day. I would recommend making reservations as there can be a long wait. While I'm sure all the wait staff are very good, we had a waiter named Preston who was superb. You can request a server when you make a reservation and you wouldn't regret choosing Preston. Eat here if you ever are within driving distance and prepare yourself for an afternoon nap!

1  Thank richarddouglasmoore