“Hop off the highway and avoid the traffic - Great Food is Waiting”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 355 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Georgetown, Texas
“Hop off the highway and avoid the traffic - Great Food is Waiting”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After fighting holiday traffic into Austin to pick up our race packet, we were chugging back home to Georgetown with stomachs growling. On a whim, after hearing a lot of great things about this restaurant, we decided to try it out for a very early dinner. As we were seated on the patio we were told happy hour had started which included all the appetizers and drinks. We tried some of the brews on tap, the chunky pork dip, a Jack Allen's Burger and the trout. All flavors were wonderful. Yes, we shared the strawberry cobbler and it was refreshing and delicious. It did put us into the too full range. As we were leaving, the restaurant was completely filling up with those sharing a happy hour. This place will see us again. The menu was very diverse!

“Round Rock Surprise!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

A few days ago I ate at Jack Allen's for the first time. I ordered a lunch dish from the daily special menu - a "taco" whose exact name I forget. No matter. In spie of the fact that it was one of the best meals I have had in ages, you won't be able to order it 'til next fall. Why? Because the restaurant uses local and fresh produce and it's too hot now for growing spinach. This taco was unlike any other I've ever eaten: an unusual, crispy taco made there, heaped with black beans, a rice concoction, shredded cabbage, wonderful flavorings I couldn't name, and FRIED FRESH SPINACH - all in a 4" high heap! It was so good I asked if I could have the recipe, a request that was graciously sidestepped. I'm really fussy about iced tea, too, and theirs was excellent. I hope some out-of-towners visit soon so I can take them there. Oh, and the ambiance, with floor to rafter draperies partially separating the bar from the dining and original art work on all walls was very pleasant.

Ash Grove, Missouri
“The best brunch buffet I have ever had.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Until this point in time the best breakfast buffet I had ever enjoyed was in Tossa de Mar, Spain. Jack Allen's kitchen knocked it into second place. There are 4 people in my family and we all had different favorites. Let me assure you that choosing a favorite item was no easy task at this restaurant. We made it a one meal day. I would recommend making reservations as there can be a long wait. While I'm sure all the wait staff are very good, we had a waiter named Preston who was superb. You can request a server when you make a reservation and you wouldn't regret choosing Preston. Eat here if you ever are within driving distance and prepare yourself for an afternoon nap!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank richarddouglasmoore
Austin, Texas
“First rate ambience, service, with a genuinely unique menu”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I have had lunch and a couple of dinners here. Its outstanding on every count. We are particularly pleased with the diverse and unique menu choices. For example, last time there I has something I had never had before: vegetarian tacos with portabella mushrooms (I am not a vegetarian, it just looked interesting). My wife had a pork tenderloin which I had never seen her order before either. Both delicious. I wish I could remember our last servers name (head shaved clean!) but he was enthusiastic, prompt, and gracious. My margarita was pretty good too and I am margarita-critical.

Austin, Texas
“Delicious Local Fare with excellent service!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband took me to Jack Allen's Kitchen (Round Rock location) for my birthday in March 2013. I could not decide what to get, but ended up choosing the Sloppy Jack with sweet potato fries. YUM-O!!! The bread (made locally) was soft and just slightly toasted. The chopped beef ribs are still making my mouth water, the jalapeno mayonnaise was just right - not too spicy. The sweet potato fries and garlic aioli sauce were delicious, as well. The house frozen margarita was also spot-on! I nursed it and it was still perfect at the last sip.

The restaurant seemed to be full of fat cat businessmen, but we weren't ignored by our server at all. He cleared everything without waiting (lemon, used napkins), he kept our water and tea filled without being annoying, and (I am always impressed with this) memorized our orders and got them right! He was balancing multiple large tables, and did it so professionally. We will be back for sure! My husband's birthday is next month!

I strongly encourage RESERVATIONS! We had a reservation and were seated within 2 minutes of arriving, even though there were clearly people waiting for a table.