“Excellent Cajun Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter Round Rock - CLOSED

French Quarter Round Rock
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Texas
“Excellent Cajun Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a beautiful little restaurant on Round Rock Ave. The décor is really nice inside. The gumbo, and etoufee were good. We thought the prices were a little high. Try them out for good Cajun food.

Visited March 2013

Cedar Park, Texas
“So many intriguing items on the menu you can't choose.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I went to the French Quarter for our wedding anniversary. From the second I opened the menu I knew it was going to be a difficult decision. The appetizers alone presented too many delicious sounding choices. I settled on the crab cake and my wife had Oysters Rockefeller. The oysters were delicious, with a little twist on the traditional. Fried instead of broiled.
My crab cake was very tasty. Lots of crab, not so much cake. It is served with a slaw that is a perfect accompaniment.
Not knowing when or where to stop I had Mahi Ponchetrain for my entree. Still on the appetizer menu my wife had a cup of gumbo and a cup of étouffée for her dinner. Yeah, we over ordered but we have great leftovers.
This restaurant is a keeper. The menu offers wonderful takes on beef, pork and chicken if you aren't into seafood. I can't wait to go back and try some of those as well. Service was smooth and considerate.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Robert I
Austin, Texas
“Very nice experience, I will go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to support local family owned restaurants in my community so chose this venue for a nice Friday night dinner with a couple of my chicas. The restaurant is charming and quaint which makes for great conversation environment vs the loud chain restaurants.

The waiter was very well versed in the daily specials, however, as the restaurant got busier, his attentiveness seemed to slacken which is the only reason why I did not give this a 5-Star rating. He brought out our meals but we had to wait and ask him for silverware as our food got cold. I ordered the salad with blackened salmon (you can have a salad and order ANY fish for a little extra). The portion was big and my salmon was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The best salmon to date. You can even taste a couple of wines before ordering it.

Give this charming place a try and you will not be disappointed. Reservations are recommended for the weekends. A little pricey but the price matches the ambiance, the service, and the food so worth a little extra.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TravelerPW
Leander, Texas
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My sister and I had lunch here. The garlic herb butter served with warm sourdough rolls was soo good, then I had the blackened chicken poboy with chicken gumbo and fries. It was the best gumbo ever and the bread on the poboy was so yummy. My sister got the basil cream pasta with blackened chicken and loved it. the portions were so large that we had no room for the orange crème brulee everyone raves about. Cant wait to come back! Wonderful waiter and gorgeous restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food in historic building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This restaurant is in a great old building that used to be a stagecoach inn. There is much of the original brick on the interior & it is upscale & nicely decorated to make you feel like you are in New Orleans. They also play good Cajun music while you dine. I had a tall drink called a Swamp Juice which was very tasty. Had the shrimp gumbo, which was very reasonably priced, delicious & not too spicey & surprisingly had 9 large shrimp in a cup! My husband had the house salad which he said was very fresh & contained tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, almonds & shaved parmesan. Most things on the menu, including seafood entrees, were reasonably priced with the exception of steaks, which were pricey. I had a shrimp & crawfish pasta, which was a huge serving but could have used a little more shrimp & crawfish & less cheese filled tortellini in 3 colors. The mushroom brandy cream sauce was excellent. My husband had the Jumbo Shrimp entrée with mashed potatoes & squash & all items were very good. The service was somewhat slow both from the kitchen & from the waiters since they have to make the drinks at the bar but otherwise the service was very good. Overall, it was great for a romantic occasion with excellent food at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013