“The best food in town”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The best food. Bar none. This food is the finest I have ever eaten. The New Orleans style and food was better than what we had in New Orleans. The service was fantastic. We sat on the patio. Wow. If anything needs better would be the wine list. If you want creole cooking. This is the place. We had the trout and steak ponchitraine. Ultra fantastic I could go on and on. I won't. Just go once and you will be hooked for life. This is now my favorite place to eat. Go and enjoy

1  Thank Mr A

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited French Quarter on a Thursday night with two other couples from the area. The restaurant is in an old stone stage coach depot and is cozy and welcoming. We sampled six different entrees, seafood and pork dishes, and each was excellent. There were gluten free dishes for our friends. Thursday offered 1/2 price bottles of wine as well as a full bar. Prices are very reasonable. The food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen, but it is definitely worth the wait. My brother remarked that his fish was the best he has ever had at a restaurant in Austin. We also had dessert and I can recommend the bread pudding, though everything we ordered was delicious. Turn on the road in front of the restaurant for access to the parking lot.

1  Thank Bonnie G
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was my first time dining at the restaurant, and was very pleased with the food quality and portions. The only negative was the main dining room was a little cool during dinner.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a wunderful location and a great cajun restaurant. We have found their fish dishes to be particularly memorable, though my wife is in love with their citrus creme Brule. In pretty much everyway they surpass the old cajun place that was there before them...well, except for the bread..the old place had great bread! If you visit them be sure to have the "hurricane" wow, what a tasty kick that is. Many nights they will have live music and happy hour prices on the out door porch area. That is where we like to hang.

1  Thank vespagl
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had eaten here a few months ago on a previous working trip, but evidently the place has changed ownership and names since then. Dining on the patio was quite pleasant, service was very attentive and we left very satisfied. There were apologies for my piece of grilled mahi being too small, so they gave me extra shrimp on top to make up for it, but I can't imagine what the normal size is if my portion was "small"! Cheddar mashed potatoes and the zucchini/yellow squash/onion side were both wonderful. My colleague's salmon was undercooked at first, but they brought it back perfect, and added extra portions of all the sides to make up for the wait. They could not have been more cordial and accommodating. Orange creme brulee finished it off wonderfully!

The only drawback, both this time and the previous, is the interruption that takes place when a train comes along the track, with the loud whistle making conversation impossible for a few minutes, and the noise level is nearly painful.

1  Thank Christopher S