“Quaint off the beaten path”

Pho Lee Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 438 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Just NE of intersection IH 35 and Tollway 45.
Description: Just NE of intersection IH 35 and Tollway 45.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great affordable vietnamese food with some thai and Chinese cuisines as well. Very inexpensive and authentic

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

As many know, looks can be deceiving... this Vietnamese restaurant was quality without the comfort so to speak. Normal place, inside was at first underwhelming, but actually quite large inside, and the food was really so delicious!!! I eat Vietnamese a lot and this one of the tastiest spots. Highly recommend

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for dinner during a trip to Austin, because it was close to our hotel and not a dreaded fast food chain.
The owner was delightful and friendly, helped us choose dishes, and even brought over a chair for our purses.
We had spring rolls, the best crab Rangoon we've ever eaten, a couple of noodle dishes, and vegetable fried rice. Everything tasted fresh and flavorful, and service was fast.
Wish we lived nearby, we'd eat here every week!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Food is excellent and super inexpensive. I've been here several times now and figured I'd write a yelp review. The owner is almost too nice and probably could use the marketing help :). A hidden gem.

Soups are phenomenal but going with the pork vermicelli tonight. Did not disappoint. $8 for dinner are you serious!!! Lol

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2016

It's always a challenge to find a restaurant that has a menu and atmosphere that will work for our family. Even with only 2 children, their tastes vary wildly, so we were pleased to discover this gem in Round Rock after church one Sunday.

My teenager ordered the sesame chicken, because he "wasn't that hungry." He finished the whole plate (and it was a considerable pile sesame chicken), minus the broccoli, of course. Sigh.

My daughter, the picky one, ordered Pho (#5 with Brisket) and really liked it. She can never finish a meal, but when my husband was done with his Bun, he helped her finish it up. I loved my Pho Tai (#1) and both kids nibbled on the bean sprouts while we waited for our food to come out.

Oh... and the jasmine tea is fabulous, too... Doesn't need sugar or anything. Perfect the way it is!

The server was the best part of the night, though. As good as the food was and as amazing that there was something on the menu for everyone (and it wasn't burgers), this guy was a CHARACTER! First, he jokes that they're all out of beef, but they have cow to put in the pho. Then he tells my son that there's no chicken, but would he like some sesame rooster? We were howling with laughter, afraid that we would disturb the other patrons, but he joked with them in turn, so it was like a party. Even when my daughter spilled her water all over the table and floor and I'm apologizing profusely, he zoomed over with his mop and exclaimed how happy he was that she saved him from having to stay late to mop the floors.

I highly recommend this place, whether you have kids, you're on a date, you need a quick meal to go, or you want a (mostly) quiet night out (there's window seating that's higher than the tables for singles or couples). Trip Advisor only lets me pick one category, so I pick family, but it's great for Couples, Friends, Business, or Solo, too. In fact, I'm sure Han Solo would have loved this place if it weren't for Kylo Ren!

Date of visit: April 2016