“Tender meats, excellent sides and sauces”
Review of Johnny T's BBQ - CLOSED

Johnny T's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Do a google search, check out yelp. I just ate there and want to write a review. Thanks!
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this restaurant via Yelp. Wonderful BBQ meats and a variety of side dish options. Stop here if you like BBQ and a mom and pop atmosphere. We'll eat here again on our next visit to Texas.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

True Texas cue shack atmosphere. Excellent service from a young staff. Obviously a great pit master/chef. Brisket melts in your mouth with great smoky flavor. Chicken is plump and meaty. Great homemade sauce (although the brisket doesn't need it) creative sides. This place is a winner amongst a lot of competition.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It always amazes me what fabulous concoctions Johnny will come up with next. Nothing pretentious just good ole food at a very reasonable price. Not only the staff is friendly but patrons actually talk to each other.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I always get the two meat plate. Brisket moist and chicken white. Comes with two sides. I have tried them all and my favorite is sweet potato fries and green beans. Great favor spiced just right a choice of sauces. I like the spicy.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Johnny was a chef at Main Street Grill. This had me worried.. High end restaurant and Texas BBQ? No worries. John totally gets BBQ. he saves his chefly experiments for sides (and on occasion desserts)-- which are excellent. His creamed corn beats Rudy's hands down. The green beans are unlike any others I've had (they are my fave). The fried okra is yummy, and the tamale potato casserole is something you really need to try.
I've always been a beef guy. While the beef here is delicious, I usually get the pulled pork. Nobody else makes pork so good it consistently wins out over beef with my taste buds. To top it off, the crew are a fun bunch who really want you to be happy with your "dining experience" (a phrase that just seems out of place with BBQ, but hey...)