“It's hard to beat this place”
Review of Johnny T's BBQ - CLOSED

Johnny T's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Do a google search, check out yelp. I just ate there and want to write a review. Thanks!
“It's hard to beat this place”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

True Texas cue shack atmosphere. Excellent service from a young staff. Obviously a great pit master/chef. Brisket melts in your mouth with great smoky flavor. Chicken is plump and meaty. Great homemade sauce (although the brisket doesn't need it) creative sides. This place is a winner amongst a lot of competition.

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“A regular that loves it”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It always amazes me what fabulous concoctions Johnny will come up with next. Nothing pretentious just good ole food at a very reasonable price. Not only the staff is friendly but patrons actually talk to each other.

• Visited June 2013
Round Rock,Texas
“Best BBQ”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I always get the two meat plate. Brisket moist and chicken white. Comes with two sides. I have tried them all and my favorite is sweet potato fries and green beans. Great favor spiced just right a choice of sauces. I like the spicy.

Visited February 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“My favorite BBQ in Round Rock, and beyond”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Johnny was a chef at Main Street Grill. This had me worried.. High end restaurant and Texas BBQ? No worries. John totally gets BBQ. he saves his chefly experiments for sides (and on occasion desserts)-- which are excellent. His creamed corn beats Rudy's hands down. The green beans are unlike any others I've had (they are my fave). The fried okra is yummy, and the tamale potato casserole is something you really need to try.
I've always been a beef guy. While the beef here is delicious, I usually get the pulled pork. Nobody else makes pork so good it consistently wins out over beef with my taste buds. To top it off, the crew are a fun bunch who really want you to be happy with your "dining experience" (a phrase that just seems out of place with BBQ, but hey...)

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“I love this place!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

EVERY sauce they offer is delicious. I love the pulled pork...perfect. Order more than you can eat just so you can try it. Must order sides: Tamale Potato Casserole, Spicy Apple Slaw and Green Beans.

• Visited January 2013