“Great to find craft beer in the area!”
Review of Westside Alehouse - CLOSED

Westside Alehouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Austin, Texas
“Great to find craft beer in the area!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a large sports bar with lots of inside and outside seating. They have many beers on tap, in bottles, and a full selection of other drinks and wine. They offer beer tasting flights so those new to craft beer can taste different brews. Friendly staff. Good burgers, sandwiches and salads. There are a few game tables inside, as well as plenty of big screen tvs with various sports channels. Great place to drop in for a beer and burger. I have seen both young and old enjoying this place.

Located right off I35 and plenty of parking.

Have been there several times and never disappointed.

• Visited March 2014

Kyle, Texas
“Blah Food, BAD Service”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice looking place. Sat at the bar. Listened to the staff bad mouth each other the entire time while basically ignoring me.

I had the jalapeno stuffed burger. Pretty blah. Burger had a weird texture and was seriously greasy.

Definitely won't be adding this place to the rotation.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jeff R
Round Rock, Texas
“Veggie burgers!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love the veggie burgers here. I also really like their side salads. The tomatoes are diced, so you don't have to eat the whole slice in one bite. They use field greens instead of just iceberg. I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 because last week we went in for lunch and were never greeted. We ended up walking out. That is the only time out of many visits that anything remotely like that ever happened.

Visited March 2014
Hagerstown, MD
“Nice Hangout After Work”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was not what I would have expected an "Alehouse" to look like. It was crisp and clean modern inside.

I came here twice with associates after work while in Round Rock. The first night the service was excellent and food was very good. There are many beers on tap and daily specials on food and drink.

The second night, the server was not friendly at all and acted like it was a chore for her to serve us. In fact she was almost hostile. I watched her interaction at other tables and it was the same, so this must be her normal deal.

I had an excellent burger one night and an appetizer the next. The prices were reasonable.

• Visited January 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Drink the Beer, Eat Before You Get There”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Huge TV's all over the restaurant and something like 50 different types of draft beer. That is the highlight.

The food is definitely lacking in flavor and the help sure could use some lessons in customer service. We had a cheeseburger with bacon on it and still, NO FLAVOR. Fries, fried pickles and mozzarella sticks too. NO FLAVOR. As for customer service, there wasn't a hello, welcome, this is what we have for a special today or anything. It was "something to drink" and "ready to order".

We won't go back.