“Good beer in Round Rock is hard to find”
Review of Westside Alehouse - CLOSED

Westside Alehouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First off, it's all relative. This is an average place for Austin, but top marks for a beer place in Round Rock. The food is not amazing, but they have a fantastic happy hour and late night happy hour. The food is pub grub as described with some hits and misses.

Another note on the service: Each time I have enjoyed a beer or two at the Alehouse, the service has been above average for Round Rock. However, as a new place that is not a chain restaurant, customer attendance and staffing is still a little inconsistent so staffing issues do exist at times.

Finally, please take note that this is an alehouse. That is what it excels at being. Amazing local and Texas beers and a great selection of craft brews across the country. Please don't come for a Bud, Coors, Miller or even a plain ol'Shiner. Try new beers and enjoy what good good beer tastes like. In addition, they have great daily specials on beers and a Tuesday Pub Quiz! Enjoy and help keep this great place open in Round Rock.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed the atmosphere of the alehouse and the education and sampling of the local beers. Good burgers, but seriuosly understaffed. It took awhile for our waitress to take our order and get it to us as she was helping the bar staff. And then took another 15 minutes to get the beer sampler (the alehouse was not busy at the time.) Our appetizers and meal were delivered at the same time by a different person. Again the burgers and beer were good, but I'd skip the fried sausage,cheese, and sauerkraut balls.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hamburger so so and onion rings the worse I have ever hdad, 90 percent dough and maybe a ring of onion in there somewhere

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a nice clean alehouse located in a somewhat unexpected location along the freeway. It's got plenty of room and an outdoor patio. I'm not a beer drinker but my brother-in-law is and he appreciated the variety. The food menu is kind of "pub grub." Lots of burgers and onion rings along with salads and nachos. We appreciated that they have a veggie burger, although I think other than salads and nachos, that would be the limit of vegetarian choices (we didn't ask if there were other items that could be altered). Comfortable and easy for conversation even with lots of sports on the tvs. Fast meal or a leisurely evening of drinking and visiting...

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We had fried pickles and jalapeño poppers to start they were good. My margarita was not very tasty the wings were very moist but I didn't care for the BBQ flavored sauce pluckers is much better. I thought the beer towers seemed cool and although they advertised football every week there were not very many TVA or comfy places to sit for that long