My husband and I travel a lot and selected this hotel based on location of our needs. We needed a hotel that was in Round Rock near a family members home because we were in Texas for a funeral. I knew when I booked the room at this hotel that it was not a luxury hotel which was fine with me for what we needed it for. Here is my honest review of Country Inn & Suites. I hope it helps you in your future travel plans.
LOCATION: Location was absolutely perfect. Conviently located near highway, restaurants, stores, etc. 10-15 min drive to Round Rock Premium Outlet Mall which was really cool. Several restaurants within a really short walking distance.
HOTEL STAFF: Very friendly and courteous.
CLEANLINESS: Hotel was very clean, exterior was well maintained, lobby clean. Hotel did not have that overkill smell of air freshner that you sometimes experience with hotels.
ROOM: Had a standard room with a king bed overlooking the parking lot. Room was very clean and smelled fresh and clean, plenty of towels, microwave and small fridge in room. Room had no safe(which was very unusual) but we made do. Nice size bathroom with small complimentary shampoo, conditioner, soaps and lotion. Room had a coffee maker with complimentary coffees/teas. Here is where there is need for improvement regarding the room: BED: Too low to the floor(for me anyway), Country Inn and Suites should invest in some real pillows because the ones on the bed were so thin you had to roll them under your head to get any support, they really were horrible. My suggeston is to bring your own or ask the front desk for a few more pillows at check in. IRON: Need to be upgraded. I had the same issue with 2 different irons in my room which is that they started leaking water and then even though they were plugged in after 5 minutes of ironing it would no longer be hot. I called to the front desk and ask for a replacement iron which was delivered to my room within minutes of my call.
FOOD: Complimentary cookies were very good. Hot Complimentary Breakfast was just okay! Waffles were delicious, eggs, potatoes and breakfast meats were just ok...microwaved products but not horrible once you added a little salt/pepper. Other items included yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, assorted teas/cold beverages and coffee(which was very good for a hotel). Overall the complimentary breakfast is edible and you wont be hungry. If you are looking for an IHOP or Dennys style breakfast taste then you will be dissappointed.
WIFI: We were pleased upon check in to be given a wifi code to use while in the hotel. That was a nice touch.
Overall the hotel was super clean, there was plenty of parking, it was nice and quiet...the hotel just needs to make a few minor updates. I hope this review helps and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, I will more than happy to answer them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a comfortable stay in the North Austin, TX area, choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX. When you make this property your relaxation destination, you put yourself near the area's top attractions, including Inner Space Caverns, Dell Diamond, Old Settlers Park, Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center and Round Rock Premium Outlets. During your hotel stay, take advantage of numerous ways to relax and recharge, including free high-speed Internet access for staying connected, a complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet for stress-free mornings, an outdoor pool for unwinding and a fitness center for de-stressing. It's easy to make yourself at home when you land at the Country Inn & Suites Round Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Country Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Round Rock Country Inn
- Country Inn Round Rock