“A Pleasant Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed July 7, 2008

A pleasant stay with a cozy feel. Courteous & helpful staff. Decent typical room. Free breakfast was above expectations. Small pool. Would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed May 15, 2008

I wanted to let other travelers know about my stay at the Country Inn located in Round Rock, Texas. At check-in, the gentleman at the front-
desk (William) was very professional and he helped me with directions to the place where I would be having a meeting at the next morning. Before I went to my room I had to pick-up a few cookies that they have in the lobby(the cookies are delicious!). I received my key and went up to my room and found that it was clean and had plenty of space for me to work on my laptop. In the morning, the breakfast spread was good and filling. I came back to the hotel later in the afternoon and William greeted me by name. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the professional staff, and the clean rooms. I will be staying with Country Inn every time I am in the Round Rock area. Thank-you.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Made reservation thru the hotel website...paid $80 for each room..i got 2 rooms...one for myself and wife and other for my parents...my room smelled bad...as soon as u enter the room, u could smell something bad..i dont know what it was..but after being in the room for a while, u wont notice it...for the other bedroom, the toilet was not working properly and i mentioned that to the management and they got it fixed quick....
Pool was ok
Breakfast was not real impressive.
Wont stay here again....pillows and bed sheets were ok as well...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2006

We have stayed at this hotel at the end of October for the last two years, and the rooms are small, but clean.

However, this year we had a bad experience in that there was an unauthorized charge on our credit card, apparently due to a housekeeping error. It is obvious to me this is an activity done here as a way to "sneak" in a few extra bucks for the hotel.

I called and talked to hotel management and was told immediately that it was not a problem to credit our account. I waited for almost one month, and still no credit. Needlesstosay, I am still waiting for the credit.

I have had to call several times, never receiving the promised call back. I was treated extremely unprofessionally on the phone by hotel management, even threatening to hang up on me.

If decent customer service and being treated respectfully mean anything to you, this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank TCAD
Reviewed November 28, 2006

I have one other problem with Country Inn & Suites located at [--].

I arose one morning and went down for breakfast. On the way down the stairs, I passed an older Indian (?) lady. When I completed my breakfast, I returned to my room to gather my computer and briefcase for the day’s work. On the landing, I noticed the same lady walking the hall on the second floor. When I exited my room, I saw her again. I spoke with the lady at the reception desk and told her that there was a lady that was acting strangely, pacing the second floor. She told me that it was the owner’s wife. She had been up all night trying to catch people smoking in rooms they were not to smoke in.

One of the agents I was working with was a smoker, although I never saw her smoke in her room. When she returned to her room after a 12 hour day, she found her door locked. She went to the desk where she was told that she was smoking in her room and was being charged an additional $200 for the one night! Before she was allowed access to her room, she had to sign an additional room charge before she was given a key. She checked out the following morning.

For some reason, this hotel has decided to make their facility non-smoking. They have one room on each floor (3) which is one of the first rooms checked into. All other smokers are required to step outside, even on cold days, to smoke.

The other agent I was working with told me that she had smoked outside, put out the cigarette and put the butt into her pocket. She discarded the butts in a coke can in her room, which seemed to prove her guilt.

Most hotels are satisfied with the amount of rooms they are able to rent. This hotel is doing whatever they can to make that number much more. First charging me for additional rooms that were not used, to stalking the halls trying to catch smokers so they can charge the tenants an extra $200 per night.

Beware!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Frred
Reviewed October 17, 2006

I got married in Round Rock and used this hotel for my family and myself the night before the wedding. I called to make changes and could hardly understand the lady who gets the phone for her thick accent and of course she messed up our reservations. My parents showed up and had NO reservation and I showed up and somehow had 2 reservations under my name for the same night which the lady tried to charge me for since it wasn't cancelled (even though this was not my fault) The rooms are okay, nothing special the fire alarm kept going off so we unplugged it after nobody came to fix it. My parents asked for another phone in their room (like it says it comes with) but they never got around to putting that in either and they were there 3 nights! Upon checkout is where the real problems began though. They charged the wrong credit card for one of the rooms for 2 nights and when confronted about it were very rude and told us it would take 30 days for the money to be put back! My father left his shoes there which he called and confirmed with a girl that they were there and when we drove alllll the way up there to get them today...guess what no shoes and the girl had quit according to the front desk person. So all and all a horrible experience stay somewhere else you will be glad you did!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank courtleightx
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Just a one-night stay at this place as a walk-in guest. Reasonable rate and I was upgraded to a suite as an Elite member in their points program. Room was flawless in every respect: clean, comfortable, fresh, etc. The breakfast was also quite good with a good selection of cold and hot items. The only setbacks about this place for me was the staff. Check-in was PAINFULLY slow. I came in very late and the person at the front desk (graveyard shift) was SO slow. Plus, I was really tired so that didn't help either. The next morning when I was checking out, the hotel manager snapped at me when I asked a simple question about my reservation. Yikes! I would probably stay here again, but would consider contacting customer service with regard to staff performace issues.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business