Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Round Rock, TX
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Round Rock(Round Rock)
View Hotel
All reviewsreplaced dailywafflesla margaritathe cleaning crewfresh baked cookiesmexican restaurantdefinitely stay at this hotel againking bednice staystaff was friendlybreakfast roomrecommend this hotelfrontage roadvery nice hotelhotel chainother hotelsfree breakfast
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel and our room were very clean but just a tad dated looking. My husband and I had no complaints about the bed, but the pillows are small. The hotel breakfast is a pretty standard free hotel breakfast--make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, muffins, eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Not bad for free. The front desk staff was nice. Wifi was free (password protected, so get the code when you check in if they don't write it on the key holder).

It is easy to hear through walls and doors (especially if there are groups of teenage softball players running through the halls late into the night), but overall our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for one night in February. We were dissapointed with the room. It was clean, but outdated. The bed was very uncomfortable; my husband was convinced he could feel the springs of the mattress through the bedding. The tv was old and small. The worse part was the noise! The walls seemed to be paper thin, as we heard loud noises (and people) all night and into the wee hours of the morning. I can't really comment on the breakfast, as we didn't eat there. If I'm ever needing a place to stay in Round Rock, I will be checking out other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank caterg
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Room was dated. Not to be snotty, but I was rather shocked by the non-flat panel TV. The bed really needs to be replaced. It was easily one of the 3rd most uncomfortable beds I've ever 'slept' in. Unless that is included in part of a renovation, don't stay here.

Breakfast area was amazingly small. There are not enough seats. One thing to be aware of at this time of the year is the crickets. For some reason, the Austin area was inundated with them this year. That's not the hotels fault and they even had a sign up warning about them, but we found some in our room, too. That does not seem acceptable. FYI, for those who want to know, my Club Carlson status was not recognized at this hotel. This was pretty funny considering the mouse pad at the desk was all about the status benefits.

Room Tip: Rooms by the stairs can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nosajio
CISRNDR, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Round Rock, TX, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review for your stay on June 23, 2012. We are sorry that we missed recognizing you as a gold point member upon your check-in as we do make every effort to recognize all our gold point members. As mentioned in the review, we are all aware of cricket season here in Texas. Again we would like to thank you for taking time to write a review.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The kids had their 1st swim meet in Round Rock and so we decided to stay a night in the area.
Its a very clean hotel. Although the room we had on the 3rd floor (odd number room) is on the street side and therefore you can hear the cars at night.
B'fast is fine. It's substantial.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean hotel, friendly staff (especially Audrey, who baked the daily Otis Spunkmeyer cookies early for my husband and me, and brought them out to the pool!!! Thanks, Audrey!!!) .

Room 221 faces the freeway. It's very quiet, despite the soccer tournament families here for the weekend. Okay, I did hear a child running in the hallway above us - ONCE. A/C worked very well, almost too well! Pool is small, but clean. It looks like it has seen better days, but this is Austin, TX and the summer sun does a lot of damage to surfaces around here, so don't judge. Water was clean and sparkling and not over chemical'ed at all. Plenty of chairs and chaise lounges.

Large rooms, I thought. King bed, pull out sofa, wing chair, desk, fridge, microwave, standard bathroom. Sofa was comfy, I sat on it to read and the lighting was sufficient. The beds were hard, with a very thin mattress pad/sheet atop the mattress. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but it did keep me from lingering in bed the next morning upon wakening. There were plenty of available outlets. I use a CPAP and in other hotels, the outlets are either directly behind the bed (impossible access) or behind a very heavy bedside table. I experienced neither at this hotel, I was able to move the table and the outlet was within easy reach. TV appeared old (gasp!! a tube TV!) but it was fine so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Plenty of lighting, all the lamps worked and were easy to turn on and off. Not always the case in some hotels.

Breakfast was fine. Fresh fruit, standard rolls, muffins and bagels. Pancakes, powdered eggs, make your own waffles. Plenty of everything, it seemed. Even oatmeal with all the fixin's, including vanilla yogurt. I didn't have the coffee but you can expect any hotel coffee to be not terrible.

I hung out the DO Not Disturb sign, because the cleaning crew knocked on the door to make the beds, etc. and I just didn't want them coming in and I didn't need them to make my bed. I could hear them knocking on doors in the hall as well. I didn't need new towels, or need any cleaning. I clean up after myself and don't make big messes in hotel rooms. The cleaning crew was ever present which is a good sign, but I had some electronics and a CPAP in my room that I didn't want anyone around.

In practically the same parking lot, is the Westside Ale House (typical greasy sports bar food and 30 beers on tap) and La MArgarita's. We patronized both, and they were okay. You can walk to both these places from your hotel room. Stagger back to your hotel room if you must, it's definitely do-able. Just make sure you put the parking slip on your dash, you might be towed. By the way, Austin is a TOW HAPPY city, you cannot just park anywhere and hope you won't get towed. It's a promise that you WILL BE.

Lobby has a library of books to borrow, and a fireplace. It looks so nice and cozy and lots of people sit in the lobby just to visit. It's very bright and cheery. Check in/out was a breeze.

I saw no bugs on the outside of the building. Usually I see crickets in this part of Texas, but there were NONE. Good. I hate crickets.

We plan on staying here every time we come to Austin, which is a lot. HOOK 'EM!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple