“nice stay/hotel”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Round Rock, TX
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very nice hotel. Clean, friendly staff and many restaurant choices in the area. Very convenient to the interstate. Good and constantant breakfast compares to the same hotel chain in other cities. Prices more reasonable than the one in Austin, probably about 40-50 dollars less and about 15 miles to the city.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Check-in experience late night was pleasant. Desk personnel was helpful and showed us a few rooms. Room was HOT! AC took Long time to cool it off. No outside noise. Carpeting needed cleaning as well as chairs. Bathroom good. Food in morning, average. Beds tolerable.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The service at the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was super nice. Great value! We would definitely stay there again. Our kids loved it too!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews listed here on this website. And like all hotels, it really depends on what you need, to determine if it is a good fit. For me and my needs, it was pretty average, but clean, which is important!

First, unless you are a very deep sleeper, you'll want to insist on a room that does NOT front the highway. There are two reasons for this: highway traffic noise & loud music from restaurants/bars. Highway 35 makes for relatively easy access to the hotel, but it is also noisy, which really cut into my sleep. I think a room on the back side of the hotel wouldn't be so bad. There are also two restaurants out in front, one serves Mexican food, the other is a bar serving American fare. This gives you two nice options for dining, but there is also a lot of loud music pumping out of one or both of them. But all of that would not be so big an issue of the air conditioner fan were to run steady, but they have those units where the fan kicks on for A/C, then shuts off until the thermostat kicks the A/C back on. The result of this is that I would every few minutes would cycle between nice white (fan) noise, then back to traffic/music and on throughout the night like this. So, given that you can't have solid white background noise from the fan, request a room on the back side of the hotel and that should help. On the upside, however, I heard virtually no interior noise in the hotel, despite it being packed with multiple teams for a softball tournament (and those groups are notoriously loud!), but we never heard a peep from the group right across the hall from us, which makes me think that if you can avoid the noise from the front of the hotel, you should be in decent shape.

Otherwise, the stay was well. Front desk staff were very friendly, although the check in process here takes a loooong time. Both times I've been through check in here, it has taken 5-10 minutes to process my payment, get the room keys, etc so just be aware that it might take a while for you to get to your room. Once you get to the room, they are average size with nice tall ceilings. They have the old-fashioned, multiple-use comforters, but I did not notice any dirt, hair, etc. I did not notice any smoke smell, either, which was a relief!

Breakfast was ok. They had biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, etc. The breakfast serving area is rather tight, so it can get quite cramped, especially if people are standing around waiting on the waffle machine and the toaster. But when items were depleted, staff were fairly responsive in getting them refilled. And you get to eat on actual plates with actual silverware, none of this paperware that hotels often use these days, so way to go, Country Inn & Suites, Round Rock! Just outside of the breakfast area in the lobby are comfy sofas, rocking chairs and a small book library beside a fireplace, which was rather cozy.

While the hotel was ok, I'm a very light sleeper and therefore it probably wouldn't be my first choice. However, if you can sleep through what I've described, it is an otherwise very nice hotel staffed by very helpful, friendly people.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side should be more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KiwiUsa
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We found this hotel to be reasonably comfortable, and worth the money. The complimentary breakfast was very good and had lots of variety. The staff was kind and considerate and willing to help with questions and needs. We did miss a flat screen TV, but were busy enough not to consider that a drawback to our stay.

Room Tip: If you need cribs like we did for both rooms, do not think they will be available when you get there...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Very nice facility, very pleasant staff, but I have become acpcustomed to wide screen TV. In this day and age it seems as everyone has a big screen TV except hotels. Big detractor!!l!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bruskione
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. When we arrived we were immediately checked in and felt very welcomed. The staff seemed almosted excited that we were there. Our room was ready, clean and larger than expected. The shower was hot with just the right amount of pressure. The bed was very comfortable and although I don't know what brand of pillows they have I wish I would have asked. For breakfast we expected fruit and cold cereal wich was provided but we were pleasantly surprised to find hot biskuites, gravey, a hot waffle iron and plenty of batter to go with it. We will definitely use this hotels again the next time we stay in Round Rock or the north Austin area again..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple