I chose this hotel based on the reviews listed here on this website. And like all hotels, it really depends on what you need, to determine if it is a good fit. For me and my needs, it was pretty average, but clean, which is important!
First, unless you are a very deep sleeper, you'll want to insist on a room that does NOT front the highway. There are two reasons for this: highway traffic noise & loud music from restaurants/bars. Highway 35 makes for relatively easy access to the hotel, but it is also noisy, which really cut into my sleep. I think a room on the back side of the hotel wouldn't be so bad. There are also two restaurants out in front, one serves Mexican food, the other is a bar serving American fare. This gives you two nice options for dining, but there is also a lot of loud music pumping out of one or both of them. But all of that would not be so big an issue of the air conditioner fan were to run steady, but they have those units where the fan kicks on for A/C, then shuts off until the thermostat kicks the A/C back on. The result of this is that I would every few minutes would cycle between nice white (fan) noise, then back to traffic/music and on throughout the night like this. So, given that you can't have solid white background noise from the fan, request a room on the back side of the hotel and that should help. On the upside, however, I heard virtually no interior noise in the hotel, despite it being packed with multiple teams for a softball tournament (and those groups are notoriously loud!), but we never heard a peep from the group right across the hall from us, which makes me think that if you can avoid the noise from the front of the hotel, you should be in decent shape.
Otherwise, the stay was well. Front desk staff were very friendly, although the check in process here takes a loooong time. Both times I've been through check in here, it has taken 5-10 minutes to process my payment, get the room keys, etc so just be aware that it might take a while for you to get to your room. Once you get to the room, they are average size with nice tall ceilings. They have the old-fashioned, multiple-use comforters, but I did not notice any dirt, hair, etc. I did not notice any smoke smell, either, which was a relief!
Breakfast was ok. They had biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, etc. The breakfast serving area is rather tight, so it can get quite cramped, especially if people are standing around waiting on the waffle machine and the toaster. But when items were depleted, staff were fairly responsive in getting them refilled. And you get to eat on actual plates with actual silverware, none of this paperware that hotels often use these days, so way to go, Country Inn & Suites, Round Rock! Just outside of the breakfast area in the lobby are comfy sofas, rocking chairs and a small book library beside a fireplace, which was rather cozy.
While the hotel was ok, I'm a very light sleeper and therefore it probably wouldn't be my first choice. However, if you can sleep through what I've described, it is an otherwise very nice hotel staffed by very helpful, friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a comfortable stay in the North Austin, TX area, choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX. When you make this property your relaxation destination, you put yourself near the area's top attractions, including Inner Space Caverns, Dell Diamond, Old Settlers Park, Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center and Round Rock Premium Outlets. During your hotel stay, take advantage of numerous ways to relax and recharge, including free high-speed Internet access for staying connected, a complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet for stress-free mornings, an outdoor pool for unwinding and a fitness center for de-stressing. It's easy to make yourself at home when you land at the Country Inn & Suites Round Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Country Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Round Rock Country Inn
- Country Inn Round Rock