“Great place to stay!”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed May 17, 2008

Beautiful hotel and attentive, pleasant front desk clerks. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed May 9, 2008

I stayed here on business for one night and I must say that it was the best hotel I have stayed in while traveling on business! From the moment of check in to the moment of check out, the service could not have been better.

My co-worker and I held a training in one of the conference rooms. The A/V director regularly came to check on us to make sure all was set up appropriately for our audience. Any request was fulfilled without question and without hassle. Even the food (boxed lunches) was great! I’m a vegetarian and am accustomed to pretty bland offerings, but the veggie wrap I received was as good as something I would make for myself!

From the front desk staff, to the room service staff, to the conference room staff – THANK YOU for a very nice and pleasant stay. I will stay here again when traveling to the Austin area!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have been coming to this hotel since 2001 and I refuse for any member of my company to stay anywhere else. My company has a preferred rate with the hotel and I can honestly say that they really appreciate what my company has to offer everytime I walk through the door. The rooms were quiet, the bed was soft and I really enjoyed the room service. I brought my kids the last time I came in and they really enjoyed the heated pool. The hotel will always be number 1 to me and my team bothe professionally and personally.

Mike.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2007

I work for Dell Computers as an International Sales Representative and can not say enough about the hotel. When I first arrived I was glad to see they had free parking and it was well lit and I did not have to walk through a dark parking lot. When I walked up to the front desk they actually smiled and welcomed me even though it was 11 PM at night. They actually escorted me to the elevators. I called room service and even the food was wonderful. I called for a wake up call and the operator was so nice to me. I was starting to think that this was the norm around the hotel. When I woke up the next morning my statement was under the door for my check out. I was running a little late when I walked through the lobby they had Free Starbuck's coffee waiting for me. You can't beat that! I give it 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank dtroublefield
Reviewed October 25, 2006

Stayed here in October 2006. The rooms are very nice. The beds are super comfortable with down comforters and pillows.. The staff was very friendly and accomdating. Plenty of parking. The hotel is in a quiet, safe area and is close to several resturants. Very enjoyable stay. No complaints here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Kade5
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I travel extensively for business and it is rare that I write a review however I was so impressed with the service level at this newer Marriott property. The hotel itself is a nice hotel. Clean, new, pretty - nothing spectacular. It is the service that really outshines most Marriotts. We were attending the national paintball tournament - although I am a silver elite member with Marriott I expected to be treated the same as the others paying the discounted tournament rate - no such case. We asked for the concierge level and was accommodated. Front desk was immensely helpful with shipping receipt and return coordination with FedEx. Service in restaurant was outstanding. I give this my first five star Marriott rating!

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank burchard
Reviewed May 15, 2005

I stayed at this location in early May 2005. Overall it’s a good hotel.
The good: It’s a newer hotel, the lobby is nice with a (somewhat noisy) fountain. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. There is a medium size work -out room with a separate pool area – immediately off the lobby. They offer a very nice size business center with printer, internet access and copy capabilities (even paper clips and staplers). The rooms are clean, average size and simply decorated (no luxury but no complaints). High speed internet is available in the room. I had a very good experience with the restaurant. We had a working dinner and the staff went out of their way to allow us as much privacy, and room to spread out, as possible. The restaurant food was generally very (the only exception as the grilled salmon salad). The tuna was reported to be excellent. The breakfast buffet at $11.00 (with gratuity) offers a wide selection of choices.
The not so good: The hotel is located in a somewhat industrial/ shopping area. As is the case in most of Texas, you need a car to go or do anything. The room does not offer a mini bar. There is a small bar in the lobby but it closes early (10:30 on one evening). The selection of restaurants in the immediate area is pretty limited. The $9.95 charge per day for internet access is reasonable (I guess) but the “charge process” for this service is usually the part that causes the most problems ( I never have any connection problems with free access- but there is always a trick with the payment type).
Overall – if you are staying in the area and the price is reasonable – book with confidence.

Stayed: May 2005