All reviews the concierge lounge m club indoor pool corner room full service hotel breakfast buffet is front desk staff business hotel would stay again mini fridge exercise room highly recommend this hotel round rock area fitness center bed was very comfortable oatmeal parking lot
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for SXSW. It was a fairly good experience.

The staff from the manager on down was amongst the best at any Marrriott that I have stayed at (Platinum Elite). They seem to help each other out, and have good team work. One of the assistant managers even opened up the Starbucks bar and made coffee for me.

The facility is clean and well maintained. And the location is fairly good - a little confusing from 35 and 1, but once you get the hang of it, you can get to just about any place in Austin relatively easily. It was only about 15 minutes down to Gateway and the Arboretum which I used for Whole Foods and healthy dinner. If you are going downtown Austin for an event like SXSW, I think that this is actually a pretty good choice. It will take you about 25 minutes safely to get downtown. Just make sure that you get the exits planned out in advance. I came in on the north side at 234C and that worked well - around 11th street.

Overall, I would recommend this property as a safe choice, and a good experience.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground level south side and it was a very good location. Most of all it was easily accessible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review of our hotel for our future guests! We are consistently working to be the best, and it's so great to hear that our efforts are showing! We are located in a great location whether you’re going into Austin or staying in Round Rock. We are also minutes away via car from the Howard Metrorail station that can take you all the way downtown. That can be very useful during SXSW.
I would love to have you return as our guest next time your travels bring you to
the Austin area.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

this hotel is a stone`s throw from the company offices i work for / visited during my short brief stay in Austin. I enjoyed the convenience of walking to the office rather than commute via public or private means. The hotel is situated in a low density residential area community and if you value serenity and silence, this would be an ideal abode within Austin.

Room Tip: nothing out of the ordinary or peculiar worth recommending or highlighting.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Austin Marriott North and am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Our location and amenities make us a perfect location for business and leisure travelers. I am pleased that it worked out so well for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting! Thanks again!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is convenient and has most of the facilities you'd expect. It would really benefit from a make-over but the whole experience is lifted significantly by a great staff team. From the cleaners, through reception to the bar and restaurant staff everyone was super-friendly and helpful. One tip is to avoid the Starbucks concession out of hours - reception will get someone from the kitchen to come and serve you but they lack the skills to make the drinks - the frappuccino they made me was pretty awful. Overall very good

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice location and stay but rooms are starting to look very worn down and old, which makes it hard to pay the increased cost of this location.

Room was okay, but not as crisp and clean as expected. Will not stay here unless corporate company requires the stay, as other newer hotels offer a better value for the money and are significantly more updated.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on this location if traveling on personal dollar.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
KCovington, General Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We have worked hard to care for our hotel since it opened 12 years ago, but I do agree there are some areas that could use an update in decor.
In fact you might have noticed the fabulous new Marriott Great Room complete with the new TV's, trendy seating areas, exciting new carpets and our Starbucks Cafe.
Our next step started this week and involves taking this upscale style into our guestrooms that will be receiving a fresh look complete with walk in showers and spa style vanities.
I do hope that you will choose to visit us again when here in the Austin area and experince the added value we are bringing to this award winning hotel.
Again, Thank you!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We planned a family weekend to just relax and be close enough to everything to do whatever we wanted.

The location is amazing, you have great food, shopping and easy highwya access.

The best part was actually the staff at this hotel. They were always more than helpful and just plain nice people. Any request we had was met with a smile, and not one of those fake smiles, these people seem to really love their job.

The River City Grille staff was exactly the same. Their buffet breakfast was terrific and had a lot of options. Constantly felt pampered but not at a high price.

Thank you to the enitre property, we will be back and soon!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family