“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It's surrounded by many restaurants and shops that are easily accessible to get to. We stayed here because we were visiting a friend in Austin, and this location is about a 15min drive from Austin downtown. The staff is very friendly,helpful and courteous. We only ate breakfast while we were here, but I had the crunchy french toast and it was awesome. I loved it, french toast topped with strawberries and fresh bananas. The breakfast buffet has an assortment of foods and is $10.95. They have a 24 hour gym, indoor pool, concierge and lots of parking spots. If you get a chance to venture outside of Round Rock, please go to Trudy's North Star restaurant, it's one of my favorite places for Tex-Mex food and Mexican Martinis. Try the Stuffed Avocado, it is too die for.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and the end rooms are the quietest rooms. You will hear some other guest doors open and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Plano, TX
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in room 530 to attend a concert in Cedar Park. The lobby and central part of the hotel are beautiful. The staff took a considerable amount of time to check people in, but it appears that it was intentional to make the customer feel like they were paying attention to them and giving a good idea of what the hotel has to offer. There is a bit of a walk to the elevators, but not bad. The decor was a little outdated, but they were in the process of changing out the carpet. The room decor was definitely outdated - marroon and green with paisley wallpaper in the bathroom. The king bed was VERY comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The view was nice. Easy access from Hwy 35. Lots of fast food near by, but everything around closes early and 10 or 11pm. So, if you want to go out late, you will have to drive to Austin.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jengad24
Okc
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels of the same star rating and this one ranks as one of the best. Airport is about 30 min away from the hotel. When you first check in you are greeted by a beautiful lobby. Welcomed by the staff with a smile and even a brief tour of the hotel and amenities. Get up to your room and you are welcomed by a beautifuly decorated room with a bed that calls out to you. The only problem with the bed is that when you sit on it you almost instantly fall asleep into its comfort. I had great reception for my wireless and the roomservice is wonderful. The staff is wonderful and really seem like they enjoy their jobs. I look forward to coming back to stay here and already planning a romantic weekend with my husband.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Amandaland
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Over the past few years I have stayed at this Marriott many, many times. I've beem remiss in not writing a review. I really do consider this place kind of like a home away from home. The facility itself is a bit aging, but always clean. The staff are super friendly and helpful. I've had room services several times and have eaten in the restaurant several times as well. I've never been disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, nothing has blown me away, but it is always sold food and executed pretty good. The exercise facility has been kept up-to-date and the concierge lounge I think is one of the better in the Marriott chain, made so by the very friendly, helpful staff. The property has plently of paved walking trails adjacent with lost of restaurants, services and shopping very nearby. Whether you are in RR for a single night or for a week, this is a great choice.
I dod have twop small complaints that some may find petty and I will admit that I have seen this at other Marriott properties. First, when the attendant dows turndown service, they leave the radio on. I know that it is supposed to be soothing music, but I find it annoying. But my real pet peeve is that they manager leave a welcome phone message. So you open your door and just want to get unpacked and relax and there is that darn message light blinking on the phone. So you have to pick up the phone and push a few buttons, listen to a short message before you can delete it. It is really annoying. It's the little things that matter when you travel 50% of your time and for some reason this one matters more than most.
All in all though, this is a solid property that helped to make me a Marriott fane.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank bmoore229
Hampstead, MD
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Marriott on La Fronterra is a solid choice when staying in Round Rock. Decent sized rooms, with bedding and other appointments make the time in your room comfortable. The pool and weight room are both good sizes for a hotel this size. The restaurant serves decent food at the usual Marriott mark-up, but there are plenty
of places nearby when you want to get out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sladerer
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Located near Dell HQ, this hotel clearly knows how to treat business travelers well. The beds are awesome, room service delivers on time, and the staff are quite friendly and helpful. Group buffet meals are generally done well, too. The breakfast buffet is well-stocked...plenty of choices for every dietary preference.
There are also a number of places around the lobby for small group conversations - an inevitable part of group meetings.
The concierge lounge is terrific, and the staff there are extremely helpful. Again, lots of people on laptops working, and the environment is quite conducive to productivity.
While it's not exactly close to all the Austin action, if you find yourself in Round Rock, this is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank blonde12
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, my stay at this property was a break from the normal brand. I have stayed at Marriott properties before but it had been a long time. I still find their rewards program less impressive than Hilton’s hence why even this decent stay would not persuade me to change teams at this point.

I was in a king room #421 near the elevator. It took me until the second day to figure out that there was not some construction outside with a forklift or Bobcat making the motor noise that woke me up in the morning. It was the elevator! A note when booking, ask to be AWAY from the elevator. Hearing it nonstop in the morning and fairly regular at night until around 12:30 AM, made it was monotonous and annoying.

The bed was very nice. I personally have purchased a Hilton bed based on the comfort and this is equally as enjoyable to be in! Their duvets and covers were nicely cleaned linens. The bathroom amenities were from Bath & Body Works, specifically the Orange Ginger which my wife uses at home. Very nice touch there! The TV was a nice big flat screen with lots of channels to surf. Not being a regular Marriott guy, I did not get access to their concierge room but another member of our group did. I went with him a couple of times and found some fruit to take along as well as waters. He said their hors d’oeuvre selection in the evening was very nice as was their hot breakfast in the morning.

The workout facility was possibly one of the best I have been in. They had 2 or 3 ellipticals, 5 great treadmills and a full suite of weights and fitballs. All equipment was Life Fitness. Their indoor pool was small but being a mostly business hotel, the few kids there sure seemed to be enjoying it!

Overall, if this is the standard for Marriott, I find it very adequate. I do not like having to pay for internet but if it had been a Hilton, it would not have been free for non elite members either. I would stay at this property again if needed.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay near the elevator. Noisy!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business