Austin Marriott North
$109
$179
$121
Residence Inn
SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$89
$124
$114
$82
Country Inn
$85
$108
Staybridge.com
Best Western Executive Inn(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$74
$139
$125
Courtyard
$107
All reviewsthe concierge loungehotel restaurantindoor poolcorner roomfull service hotelbreakfast buffet isbeautiful lobbyfront desk staffwould stay againbusiness hotelking roommini fridgehighly recommend this hotelround rock areafitness centerbed was very comfortableeasy access
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Over the past few years I have stayed at this Marriott many, many times. I've beem remiss in not writing a review. I really do consider this place kind of like a home away from home. The facility itself is a bit aging, but always clean. The staff are super friendly and helpful. I've had room services several times and have eaten in the restaurant several times as well. I've never been disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, nothing has blown me away, but it is always sold food and executed pretty good. The exercise facility has been kept up-to-date and the concierge lounge I think is one of the better in the Marriott chain, made so by the very friendly, helpful staff. The property has plently of paved walking trails adjacent with lost of restaurants, services and shopping very nearby. Whether you are in RR for a single night or for a week, this is a great choice.
I dod have twop small complaints that some may find petty and I will admit that I have seen this at other Marriott properties. First, when the attendant dows turndown service, they leave the radio on. I know that it is supposed to be soothing music, but I find it annoying. But my real pet peeve is that they manager leave a welcome phone message. So you open your door and just want to get unpacked and relax and there is that darn message light blinking on the phone. So you have to pick up the phone and push a few buttons, listen to a short message before you can delete it. It is really annoying. It's the little things that matter when you travel 50% of your time and for some reason this one matters more than most.
All in all though, this is a solid property that helped to make me a Marriott fane.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bmoore229
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Marriott on La Fronterra is a solid choice when staying in Round Rock. Decent sized rooms, with bedding and other appointments make the time in your room comfortable. The pool and weight room are both good sizes for a hotel this size. The restaurant serves decent food at the usual Marriott mark-up, but there are plenty
of places nearby when you want to get out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Located near Dell HQ, this hotel clearly knows how to treat business travelers well. The beds are awesome, room service delivers on time, and the staff are quite friendly and helpful. Group buffet meals are generally done well, too. The breakfast buffet is well-stocked...plenty of choices for every dietary preference.
There are also a number of places around the lobby for small group conversations - an inevitable part of group meetings.
The concierge lounge is terrific, and the staff there are extremely helpful. Again, lots of people on laptops working, and the environment is quite conducive to productivity.
While it's not exactly close to all the Austin action, if you find yourself in Round Rock, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank blonde12
Reviewed June 29, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, my stay at this property was a break from the normal brand. I have stayed at Marriott properties before but it had been a long time. I still find their rewards program less impressive than Hilton’s hence why even this decent stay would not persuade me to change teams at this point.

I was in a king room #421 near the elevator. It took me until the second day to figure out that there was not some construction outside with a forklift or Bobcat making the motor noise that woke me up in the morning. It was the elevator! A note when booking, ask to be AWAY from the elevator. Hearing it nonstop in the morning and fairly regular at night until around 12:30 AM, made it was monotonous and annoying.

The bed was very nice. I personally have purchased a Hilton bed based on the comfort and this is equally as enjoyable to be in! Their duvets and covers were nicely cleaned linens. The bathroom amenities were from Bath & Body Works, specifically the Orange Ginger which my wife uses at home. Very nice touch there! The TV was a nice big flat screen with lots of channels to surf. Not being a regular Marriott guy, I did not get access to their concierge room but another member of our group did. I went with him a couple of times and found some fruit to take along as well as waters. He said their hors d’oeuvre selection in the evening was very nice as was their hot breakfast in the morning.

The workout facility was possibly one of the best I have been in. They had 2 or 3 ellipticals, 5 great treadmills and a full suite of weights and fitballs. All equipment was Life Fitness. Their indoor pool was small but being a mostly business hotel, the few kids there sure seemed to be enjoying it!

Overall, if this is the standard for Marriott, I find it very adequate. I do not like having to pay for internet but if it had been a Hilton, it would not have been free for non elite members either. I would stay at this property again if needed.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay near the elevator. Noisy!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank orr333
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Have stayed here many times. Always welcomed back as a Platinum Guest. Generally upgraded to Concierge Floor on most trips. Concierge louge staff are fantastic. Room service is fast and good. Great hotel

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business