“Awesome stay”

Holiday Inn Express Round Rock
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had the best stay everyone was so helpful and caring, we had a very expencience at another hotel and were not exprcting much, but from the time we walked thru the door the staff could not do enought to please us and breakfast was wonderful even thou the eggs and biscuts were putout earlier the lady brought us freah one and we did not even ask. Our room was great and we didn't hear any noise at all. I would recommend this hotel. Thanks for the great stay

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great location near the interstate. Typical nice breakfast for this chain. Large breakfast area so no trouble getting a table even hotel is quite full. Large all suite rooms. With our toddler it was nice to have the other room with a sink and mini fridge. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Globetrekers
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I visit this place for family function and stayed here. Nice sunny room with free internet and free morning breakfast. Room was fairly clean and spacious too. In round rock, what else you expect. Staff was nice and reply with good smile and pleasant to talk with them. Price for this room was reasonable.

Room Tip: Room is sunny and fairly clean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Heading to Scott & White Hospital in Round Rock, TX for my husband's surgery, I searched for a hotel that was convenient to the hospital. None of the searches indicated what my best spot would be. I think I found it! The Holiday Inn Express was one exit away from the hospital. I could come and go on the feeder road and never mess with the traffic on Interstate 35. Located next to several restaurants, it was one great location for someone not familiar with the area. The room was meticulously clean. The staff one of the friendliest I have ever encountered. There were several rough days and Frances and Chikas at the front desk greeted me with genuine care and concern and even cookies. I would recommend this to anyone who might be searching for a place to stay close to the hospital. It will make your stay so much easier.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room was a small suite with two queen beds. I requested being close to elevator and non-smoking. Got onto internet easily and of course it was free! Everything including the next morning breakfast was great. The staff was helpful and welcoming. Definitely would stay there again. The price was super! Easy on and off the interstate among lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at Holiday Inn for a change. I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but I instantly regretted my decision. Yes these are suites, but the space is still not larger than the Hilton Garden.

During my stay, the breakfast was average. My biggest issue was with the internet. It was very slow and intermittent.

Bathrooms are a bit dingy.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Faisal L
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel is easy to find and right off of the freeway but we didn't have any traffic noise. The lady checking us in was exceedingly friendly but did not offer us a goodie bag for being a gold priority club member, and although that is not a deal breaker it would have been nice if this hotel had upheld the HIEx standard on that account. Our room had a very musty smell, which I guess is normal in humid climates but this was much worse than at a location on the beach we stayed at; it was almost nauseating. The room also seemed somewhat dark and gloomy even though it had a window. There was one desk chair and a regular armchair, when I moved the armchair around to use the desk I noticed that the carpet under the chair was very dirty.
The breakfast bar was well maintained and up to Holiday Inn Express standard. The area around the hotel is very busy and features many restaurants and shopping including a big outlet center and Ikea one or two exits up the road.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business