“Great Way to Watch a Movie” 4 of 5 bubbles

Flix Brewhouse
Shanghai, China
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great Way to Watch a Movie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Enjoying a real meal and adult beverages while watching a movie -- what's not to love about that?!

The food was tasty, drinks good, seat was comfortable (and with a foot rest, no less). Plus the service was great and the picture and sound quality were quite good. I'd love to see them add some more options to their menu, but other than that no real complaints.

Overall an excellent bargain, and definitely a fun night out!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shanghyper

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Drinks - yes; food - no; movie - no”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is competing in the Alamo Drafthouse space, and there is no comparison, except for in the craft beer space that they make on site. The theater never fully dims the lights at each seat, so it makes it very difficult to enjoy a movie. The food (like Homefield Grill) is mediocre at best. Alamo rocks over Flix. I sure hope Flix gets their act together, as I have a longer drive to get to Alamo.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flix Fail”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend ordered tickets from her blackberry yesterday and had the confirmation page displayed. She didn't have a way to print so she chose to pick up tickets at the theater. We got to the theater and spoke with Kyler at the desk but no tickets. He informed us that they wouldn't be able to seat the 4 of us together if we repurchased tickets then. The best part was that he gave us major attitude and told us that their website doesn't work well with mobile browsers, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and recommended Google Chrome. He proceeded to "educate" us on how crappy Internet Explorer and Firefox are. While that may be true, I can't help but notice a couple things.

1) He should've been apologetic and focused on customer service and not be a smart @$$ kid making unhelpful comments about our purchasing method/browser choice.

2) Chrome accounts for 29% of web browser market share. That means 71% of people will likely have issues purchasing online if what he says is true.

This was my first attempt to visit Flix and is my last. Fortunately, Alamo had a showing only a few minutes later for the same show. I'll stick to the original (Alamo) and forget the cheap knock offs (Flix). Alamo even held our tickets without payment until we got there. Kudos Alamo, keep up the good work!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank aggiejosh05
Austin, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Date Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food was yummy, a lot like Alamo Drafthouse but newer and cleaner. My husband and I enjoyed our time there. There's also a nice bar when you walk in. Great place to hang out if you're waiting or just want to get a drink.

Visited August 2012
Hook, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“First timer - enjoyed it but ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

So this was my first time at a place like this - it's a fun idea and we were surrounded by other Flix Brewhouse virgins so we were all excited as we queued to go in. You enter like Southwest Airlines in groups (booked seating would help). We were briefed by our server and ordered our drinks and meals. The lights went down and the drinks came. My burger came and was put in front of me. It tasted good but was a bit drippy for a burger. Then I realised it tasted a bit BBQy for a burger. Then my burger came. Weird as I was already half way through it. Server was confused. So you guessed it - I ate someone elses dinner. Well it felt like mine - a bun - some fries. They sort of figured it out but then I needed to wash the BBQ off my face and you can't pause the movie.

I think it's a fun idea but was not hugely practical. If there was a remote control and you could pause it would help but might annoy others? Not sure. Also - free refils throughout a film means you are busting to run to the loo at about the time the film is getting to the exciting part. Haha - would go again but orderl luminous food I think.

Visited August 2012