“New favorite place”

La Cocina
Ranked #41 of 386 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Everything is fantastic. It's as simple as that. Definitely a hidden gem. A part of me wants to keep this amazing place a secret from the world, but it would be selfish to not share. Why spend 30 minutes waiting for a table only to eat bland food in a noisy atmosphere? When you could eat at La Cocina where the atmosphere is warm and inviting and the food is incredible. I cannot make any suggestions from the menu because you truly cannot go wrong. Next time I go I plan on bringing a large group, so I can skim off everyone's plate! :D

1  Thank Bcart15

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Sick of chain restaurants and the "Hi I'm Mack and I'll be your server today" etc.?

You should definitely try La Cocina then. I arrived in at 5.30pm am, a little early for dinner but I was hungry, but the fact that I was the only one there until towards the end of my meal didn't put me off. Seems to be a family run restaurant that not only caters for their native dishes but Italian also which is great for fussy eaters. But I was in Texas, in a Mexican restaurant, so I was not going to order Spaghetti Bolognese!

The service was just how I like it. Professional, but not in your face, pleasant, but not overbearing. Order was taken and food arrived all in a timely fashion. It was delicious and I will be making at least one more trip before I go home.

Recommended.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been traveling to Round Rock for ten years visiting family. We have eaten in many restaurants, and without a doubt this was the best dining experience in all these years. I had Italian, and my husband had Mexican food. Food was well prepared, good service, and good value. Not fancy, located in a strip center.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I asked the front desk of our hotel for someplace that had great food and was not a chain. They recommended La Cocina, the clerk said it was Half Mexican, half Italian!

Sounds like a strange mix, but man was the food good. I had the Fajitas and my business associate had the fish.

Both were amazing.

Also the inside was tastefully done with really nice wall murals.

2  Thank gregbooras
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Place was clean.
Servers were friendly.
Prices were very reasonable.
The food was great!