“Great food,great staff, a delightful evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cocina

La Cocina
Ranked #37 of 349 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Mexican, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Austin, Texas
“Great food,great staff, a delightful evening.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The food was great. I had the special, pork with a fabulous green sauce. My wife had pasta, Chicago style. which she said was wonderful.
This family restaurant specialiizes in Mexican and Italian cuisine. I know this sounds somewhat odd but Ishmael Diaz, the chef/owner carries it all off with style and grace. I just hope I can continue to go there before everyone finds out about this place.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Lucky1951

Austin, Texas
“Very nice, family run restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We like to support locally owned restaurants instead of the big chains and we have never been disappointed in La Cocina. It is family run, using their Grandmother's recipes and it is quite good. One side of the menu is Mexican and the other side is Italian, and they do both well. They serve the best chips in town.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank TwoTravelers99
US
“Excellent Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We almost didn't eat here. The name of the restaurant is "La Cocina Bar and Grill" and from the outside, it looks like a place where someone might grab several drinks at lunch and stagger back to work. The windows are covered with blinds and it did not look at all welcoming. We were hungry though, so we looked at each other and said, "What the heck--let's try it," and walked in. We are so glad we did.

The interior was quite nice--a little on the dark side. There are both booths and tables and a bar is tucked in one corner. The menu has both Mexican and Italian items. We did not get an opportunity to try the Italian items. For lunch, I ordered a big bowl of hearty chicken soup and my dining partner had enchiladas. Both dishes were excellent. The tortilla chips were freshly-made, a rarity these days. We shared a good margarita. Service was excellent. I am definitely looking forward to going back.

• Visited November 2011