Stayed here March 23-26, 2013 with my 2 teenaged daughters. The exterior looked fine, but once inside I did not feel comfortable or safe. Although I think mgmt has tried to do everything possible to spruce up this dreary hotel, the effort fell flat for me. Although I could never really put my finger on it, I, too, never felt clean there, and frequently experienced the smell of food cooking in another room. (Once was some kind of fish; yuck!) We ended up taking showers at our relative's house, and if they had had room, we would have just packed up and stayed there. As it was we only went to the hotel to sleep. The furnishings in our very small room were cheap and shabby. We had requested a room on an upper floor on the backside of the hotel away from Interstate 35, which we got; however, there is a basketball court and a gazebo with a BBQ grill there and it was a little noisy. I requested a rollaway bed for my daughter, and to say the mattress was shot is an understatement. It was extremely worn and had holes in it. I will post a pic of it. Apparently housekeeping only cleans the rooms once a week. Maybe some people are accustomed to staying in places which can be admittedly much worse; it was definitely not what I expected from InterContinental Hotel Group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.At the Candlewood Suites Austin Round Rock Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are located on IH 35, near Dell Computers and close to restaurants, attractions and shopping centers. Downtown Austin, Austin City Limits, Southwestern University and the University of Texas are all within a 20 minute drive of the hotel. The Dell Diamond with Round Rock Express baseball is 5 minutes away. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel is conveniently located within 3 miles of Round Rock Hospital, and less than 5 miles from the new Round Rock Premium Outlet center. All guest rooms in the hotel feature full kitchens and one queen size bed. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel offers complimentary laundry facilities, a full fitness center, business desk in the lobby with Internet and both wired and wireless high speed Internet connections in guest rooms. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel is pet friendly. A non-refundable pet fee of $75 to $150 is required along with a signed pet agreement at check-in. Documentation specifying that all vaccinations are up to date must be available. Call hotel for a copy of the full pet policy.The maximum number of guests (including children) allowed per room is 2 in a room with one bed or 4 in a room with 1 queen and a sofa sleeper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Candlewood Round Rock
- Round Rock Candlewood Suites