“great weekend stay & great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock

Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The accommodation were great and service was ok but the location iwhere the hotel sit to far back off the road but other than that everything else was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This motel oopppps hotel is a unsafe, grimy, and filthy place. The photos online are a misrepresentation of this mess. At check in you have to sign that you will not smoke and asked if you want to put a credit card down for incidentals. This place is an incidental. Is smells old, the furniture has a musty odor and the carpet is musty and dirty. I stayed one night and that was way too long. My sheets were damp. My self and three others that traveled with me had to buy disinfectant and sprayed the bed, counters, toilet and shower down before we used them. Please do not look at the photos online and think that you will be staying in "that" hotel. No indoor jacuzzi... Oh it is under construction. For someone traveling alone... Be careful the doors were not locked and were not closed all the way... The dead bolt on my door did not work!!!! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
We apologize for the humidity level in your guestroom on your recent stay. We will repair any locking devices of the guestroom door and address the musty odor. The Wingate Round Rock is a completely non smoking facility and we do ask that our guests agree not to smoke in the guestrooms in order to ensure a smoke free room for the next guest.Again our apologies for any missunderstanding or disappointment regarding the hotel's policies or amenities.
Arlington, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed one night for a conf. The conf center was okay but my room was a dump. It was damp and musty smelling, the room felt damp-even my sheets felt damp! The ac never got very cool, the bathroom had 2 dead bugs and mold around the soap holder in the shower and tiles were cracked all over bathroom. My friend's room was cooler but still damp and musty smelling, she had less bathroom mold but some, her bathroom tiles were cracked and her sink was cracked. Another friend was in a "redone" room so the tiles were ok but had some dead bugs and her room smelled like bug spray. This hotel wasn't an option as work booked it for us and it was full so we couldn't change rooms or leave-if I could've, I would've.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Allow me to apologize for the condition of your guest room on your recent stay.Only a few rooms have yet to be renovated and the room you were in was one them The damp feeling of the room has been corrected with a dehumidifyer and the airconditioner replaced.In the peak of the hot Texas weather it is common to replace many units. I am sorry that a combination of these issues resulted in a less than an enjoyable experience which is what we strive to provide every guest , every stay.
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It felt and smelled like more of a motel than a hotel... It was not worth $89 per night. I know you get what you pay for but I have paid less and stayed in better hotels... Immediately I smelled an odor I felt like I should have bought my own air freshener

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending us your comments about your recent visit to our hotel.I am sorry that your expericence was not a good one.As this is the time of year that is the hotest and most humid we remedy this by using a dehumidifyer in our rooms. The room you were in has now been treated and refreshed. I am so sorry that this was not done prior to your arrival. In the future we will be more aware of the the room smell as we are preparing the room for our guests each day.