“It felt like it should have cost more.”

Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Midland, TX
“It felt like it should have cost more.”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Our recent stay at the Round Rock Hampton Inn was truly a delight. At check-in we were greeted with a smile and helpful attitude. When we got off the elevator on our floor, a member of the cleaning service was outside a nearby room. Normally, you are lucky if you get a nod and maybe a "hello", but this gentleman gave us a warm greeting, asked if we needed help finding our room, and told us that if we needed anything at all after we got in the room to let him know. I was impressed! The room was very clean...something I find very important at a hotel...and the bed was absolutely the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The next morning, at the free breakfast, the food selection was great, and the staff member in the dining area was very attentive to our needs. Once again, I was empressed, but it doesn't end there. At check-out I inquired about purchasing a bed like the ones in the room, and Jason Webb was patient and helpful even though I know he had to be busy.
I have stayed at many hotels in the Hilton chain at all levels during business travel, and this was the best. Thank you and way to go!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Rick F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
Dear Blackketter,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is very important to us! We hope to see you again very soon!

Rick Fleishauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We stay frequently stay here and have also tried out a number other places in the area. We just keep coming back to the Hampton. The rooms are large and come with micro wave, mini frig, and a kitchen counter of sorts. So when we are there for a longer period (have stayed ther up to three weeks at a time), we can use it almost like a mini apartment. They offer a very good breakfast and whether you love clogging your arteries or want to eat healthy, they is something for you. They even have a mini-grocery store where you can make purchases. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. This last visit was a stop on the way home from a confernece. Naturally we are going to make that stop where the grandchild are. Just wish they would honor the Hilton Awards that they give us. The requirements they have to "collect "at their place is far from what normal Hamptons have wanted. When we got all those points at their inn, they should allow us to trade them in for just one day at a time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dear TexasMyna,

houston, texas
Reviewed April 10, 2009

The benefit was having the continental breakfast, with a healthy choice and very good coffee..the room was clean and fresh and everything worked.

• Stayed March 2009
Dear texan59031,

arlington
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This is a great place to stay when visiting the RR or Austin area. I love that i can take my dog and that they are so accomidating. The staff goes above and beyond all expectations. I have stayed here many times for business and leisure and it never fails to be a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kmorgan24
Dear kmorgan24,

Houston
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I think Hamptons should be three star... they are always so nice clean and comfortable, in my opinion. The breakfast is a nice touch, if you like cereal/fruit/continental fare. Not bad for $99/night... the hotel gym is pretty lame, but you get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2008
Dear YoostonTX,

Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed for one night while on business. The room was small, but comfortable. I had issues with the internet connection in the room and had to call the 800 support number who was finally able to get me connected.

The goods: The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast area was very nice- above average free breakfast. Staff was friendly, pool area looked nice.

The bads: No fridge, small room.

Very convenience to Dell headquarters and several restaurants. All in all I would say a very good hotel for business. I would recommend to others.

Stayed April 2008
Dear Nhern,

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I really don't see why people rated this hotel high. I'm here for business for 2 weeks and am sitting in my room right now, and it is not that great.

First, there is NO RESTAURANT and NO ROOM SERVICE at the hotel. How annoying is that? Whever you want food, you have to leave the hotel. It's not a big deal to go out a few times, but to have to leave the hotel for every meal is very annoying.

Second, the people at the front desk are morons. I scheduled a wake up call from them at 7am and I didn't get a call... 2 nights in a row! Luckily, I set my cell phone alarm, otherwise I would have been screwed.

Third, the big AC unit is right next to the work desk. This is annoying because you have two options. One, keep the AC off and endure a hot hotel room while you work. Two, keep the AC on and deal with air blowing in your face and freeze your @ss off. Very annoying.

Fourth, the breakfast is not that great. True, it is free and they have good variety, but it's just not that good. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I enjoy a good breakfast with real eggs and potatoes. The fruit is out of a can and the eggs are microwaved. Bagels, cereal, toast, and muffins are good. But I'd rather pay for a nice breakfast than get an okay one for free.

On the bright side, the room is very clean, beds are very comfortable (I slept like a baby), and the bathroom and kitchenette are nice. The free internet is also very convenient. However, the cons outweigh the pros. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear RedskinsRule,