“Great stay, quiet, good food, A++”

SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Whenever I travel to Austin for work, I always stay at a Springhill Suites. This was my first time at the Round Rock location and everything was just as expected.

Great staff, great location close to lots of food (Jack Allen's kitchen, Carino's, Chuy's Rudy's, etc) and only 15min to downtown Austin. Rooms were clean, a quiet hotel with good FREE breakfast. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, you won't be disappointed.

The pool and hot tub definitely need an upgrade, but I am sure that is a large expense.

Room Tip: Make sure to eat at Jack Allen's kitchen right next door and order the Chicken Fried Pork Loin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear sufusimz,

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

If we can do anything else for you, please let us know!

Stay warm!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Pretty nice Springhill Suites with good clean rooms, a fine breakfast, and happy staff and when arriving, you get a nice candy gift. Not bad when arriving a little hungry. They also have a complete 24 hour coffee bar with teas and hot chocolate to choose from. Hotel is great shape, hallways look well kept and rooms are well appointed and hotel looks pretty new. Rooms nice and large with sofa and large flat screen TV. Free breakfast, free internet and free parking. Right on the main highway and close to everything in Round Rock.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Larry8241
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Larry8241,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

If we can help with anything in the future, please let us know!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice place to unwind near Austin. Good location, but not an easy access due to road construction near by. Rooms are roomy and clean. It does looks empty. Nice color choices for whole hotel. Breakfast not bad, with traditional staples. At night closet door came off the hinges, but otherwise had no complains. Hard to find good food near by. Staff really friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for front looking room, otherwise it will be sunny and hot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Cherie G,

Thank you so much for your review! We try our best to make every stay at our property a Great Stay! I am sorry to hear about the closet door and will get someone to address that now.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The room set up is a little awkward compared to many of the other SpringHill room variations. But it is still a nice place to stay. I'm a Marriott loyalist and the majority of my expectations were met.

The issues that took away from a positive experience:

1) It is never a good start when you get to your room and neither key card works. Do it right the first time. Regardless of how friendly the front desk staff is....I don't want to trudge back down to the lobby for Take Two.

2) Bathtubs should hold water. Period. If they don't, replace the drain plug.

3) Housekeeping carts. I don't want to open my room door and have to move a cart out of the way just to get out of my room. I don't want to have to move carts out of the way every time I go down the hall because instead of putting the carts on the side of the hallway, they are repeatedly placed in the middle of the hallway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear cham3814,

Thank you so much for your response. I will be looking into ways that we can correct those items that were negatives during your stay.

We appreciate any feedback that we can get.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I thought I would try this hotel based on the solid reviews. While the staff is very nice, the facility itself is dated and in dire need of renovation. The rooms are small and lack sufficient storage space. The bathrooms are outdated and there is very little counter space and no vanity. The carpet squares in the rooms are worn and dirty. The highway traffic is extremely loud….my room was not facing the road and I had trouble sleeping due to the road noise. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Good Morning lehighvalleyduo,

I wanted to first say Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for the feedback. We can only get better by the information, you, our guest provide.

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience here with us and will be addressing the traffic noise and condition of the property.

If there is anything that I can help with in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is an older-style SpringHill Suites, so the rooms are slightly smaller and have that funny layout with the small sink outside of the large bathroom/toilet/shower. (I think that was such a dumb design.) However, the hotel has been refreshed, is clean and has super friendly staff. They were extremely accommodating of any special requests I made. The bed was very comfortable. I had no complaints. This hotel is an excellent value and was very quiet. You are just two short blocks from Jack Allen's Restaurant, which is FANTASTIC! Don't miss it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Good Afternoon vanclaners,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us here at the Springhill Suites by Marriott! And thank you for taking the time to write a review! We really enjoyed having you here with us and look forward to you coming again!

Let me know when you are headed to the area, again!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel to Round Rock on business a couple of times a year and typically stay at this location. The hotel is clean, conveniently located and the staff is friendly. As mentioned by Walker S, the staff always greets me, whether I'm coming or going.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hi 212GregW,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are so happy that you enjoy staying with us and look forward to having you back, in the future!

Have a wonderful day!