“Couldn't recommend this hotel at this time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock

SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, TX
“Couldn't recommend this hotel at this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Pros - I've stayed at this location last year and loved it. Very modern decor, friendly staff, large room, extremely comfortable foam mattress (actually the best I've slept in at a hotel !) The hotel is a little bit tricky to find. There are several restaurants within a 2 minute drive.

Cons - I heard an incessant beeping from a truck backing up during the night. This happened from 225 am-250 am then again at 640 am ! I had to crank the AC to drown out most of the beeping. There was construction going on about a block away and also a FedEx facility with 18 wheelers within a block that were the likely culprits.

I will reconsider this hotel in the future, but cannot recommend it at this time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank dallasite95
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Good Afternoon Dallasite95,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that a noise kept you awake on this last stay. Please let me know the next time you are coming to town and I will try my best to make your stay great!

Cara Englishbee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Crossett
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This property is very clean and well decorated. The blues and greens are really relaxing and soothing. We stayed here for one night to attend an allstar baseball tournament and were most pleased. The location is perfect even thought it is tricky to get to, especially at night! They have a very welcoming and attentive staff. The rooms are larger than most and very comfortable beds. A nice breakfast is offered.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gran7
Hi Gran7,

Thank you for your review! I am so happy that your grandchildren enjoyed the colors! The Springhill Suites brand is very focused on Art work and colors that motivate/sooth/relax and inspire!

I do hope that everything went well with the tournament that you were in town for.

Please come and see us, again!

Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for two nights recently and it was a comfortable stay. Loved the location, was easy to get around to all of the places I needed to go in Round Rock. Many fabulous restaurants nearby. Beds comfy, not too much freeway noise. Breakfast could of been a little bit better I think (no bananas). Definitely needing a bit of maintenance. Ceiling was leaking water down the hall from my room most of one of the days, there was a big garbage can collecting the dripping water. Staff was very pleasant and friendly. All in all was a fine stay. Would of given it a Good rating, but there isn't that option, and I didn't feel it was Very Good based on the maintenance and breakfast. I would however probably stay again, if my travels ever bring me back to that area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank butterflyy2000
Hi Butterflyy2000,

Thank you so much for your review! We would loved to see you back soon, as we have had some changes to our breakfast!

We did have a leak when you were here, I do apologize for that.

We hope to see you, soon!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed one night here for a quick trip and literally just needed a place to lay our heads. Clean, inexpensive, and quiet. Nice comfy bed and I will return if ever in the Round Rock/ Georgetown area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JennyTucker
Hi JennyTucker,

Thank you so much for your comments! We would loved to have you back, so please let us know when you are in the area, again!

Have a great day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the hotel seemed pretty clean with the exception of the indoor pool/hottub. The staff was nice and accommodating. The location is good, but a little tricky getting into the parking lot from the highway. You really have to pay attention and follow the signs.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank hubie1111
Hi Hubenak,

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on having a clean property so thank you for that comment. I have looked into our pool area and will make sure that we keep a close eye on it.

Thanks again for your comment and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stay here on a regular basis. Easy access to several nearby restaurants. Always found the property to be clean & well-maintained. Instant hot water from the sink faucet was appreciated and eco-wise.

Room pricing ~ $110 - $120 has always been appropriate for the location & quality, except during the annual SXSW gouging.

Breakfast spread a slight notch above the other self-serves such as Hampton.

Misses are no foam pillows, an alarm clock that didn't want (or I couldn't decipher how) to spring forward into DST, and the room layout that puts the bed right next to the somewhat noisy A/C unit. While I appreciate ambitious maid service, they muster up their carts in the first floor hallway during breakfast hours leading to dodge-a-cart.

Overall, the plusses win out.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tradi_travel
Good Afternoon Tradi_Travel!

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will be working with our housekeeping staff, in regards to the housekeeping carts! Also, feel free to let me know when you are here next time and we will work on the alarm clocks, together. :)

Come back and see us soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I was passing through late on business, so I didn't utilize much of the amenities. Prompt check-in, clean room, quite room, comfy bed and pillows. Breakfast was sufficient, but not great. The juice machine didn't work, and the coffee was not good. But overall I was pleased.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TN3SA
Hi Threesa,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you decided to stay with us, in April!
We have made some changes to our breakfast program and would love to have you back and see if it meets your needs.

Thank you again and have a great day!