Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Round Rock(Round Rock)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundryfront deskfood areatwo bedroom suiteunder renovationgreat staffgreat roomliving areahotel roomcomfortable stayhousekeeping staffgreat place to staywafflesvanessaaustingmstove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I expected really nice accommodations. My five yr old son and I decided to take am adventure about 10 minutes from our hi.e to a hotel for the night. I travel frequently and always use tripadvisor. Stay ridge was the top rated hotel so I gave it a shot. The outside pool was a little dirty, the room seemed dated and everything was just average. And all of this mediocrity for $140. A few days later I took my 4 year old to the MUCH NICER Holiday Inn which was $50 cheaper and was well beyond what I paid. As I host out if town guests for business , between the two, I will definitely be using Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank maczuga1
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback,there are many exciting changes coming to the hotel in 2014. I hope you will give us another chance and see what new and exciting things will create a better guest experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. Room was okay if a little dated. It is an all-suites hotel which is good because it helps filter outside noise and makes the bedroom a little quieter. They let us check-in way early which was very nice. Lots of school buses when we arrived, but they assured us they were on the other side of the hotel. That was the first night. The second night a new group of school buses arrived we were right in the middle of the action. It sounded like a house party from the time we arrived back in our room around 9pm to past midnight. Seems like a popular place for schools, I guess because all of the rooms have pull-out sofabeds as well and they can double up and save money. Great for the schools, not so much for other guests.
Bed was okay, but was squeaked loudly every time you moved. This made other activities a bit nerve-racking as well. AC unit is right by the bed which is not the greatest idea ever. It got very noisy. No room service on weekends, so be sure to conserve towels and toiletries. Bathroom seemed like it needed a good deep-cleaning, lots of build up in the grout. Living area and kitchen were very clean. TV was nice and got a lot of channels. Free breakfast was passable.
I probably wouldn't stay again only because it's pretty far from Austin, but it served it's purpose on short notice. Price was fair. I'd call ahead and check the school situation, though.

Room Tip: Call ahead and check on the school group situation during your visit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve our service and our facilities, I hope next time you come your stay will be great!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked this hotel blindly on Priceline.com. This is where they show you the rate but you have no choice in the hotel. It made me nervous but for a holiday weekend and less than $100 per night I took the chance. I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very nice and clean. The suite was a decent size for the money, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The only reason the hotel did not receive the best rating is that housekeeping skipped our room on the 2nd day (saturday) of our stay. They came by really early, a little after 9 and we asked that they come back but they did not. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you were pleased with your accomodations and hope you will give us another chance to impress you with our service.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you prefer the "suite" setup, this place is good value for the price.
The evening reception & morning breakfast are a nice included feature.
The WiFi was also included and worked great.
Free parking, close to major restaurants, but due to the "one-way" frontage roads you might have a little trouble finding it the first time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We are thankful you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly delight in serving you. I like that you put your title as "a good value" I am in agreement with you, we are a good value and the best value in the market for price considering the amenitites and services we provide including all full suites with fully equipped kitchens. Thanks again for writing, we appreciate you!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on business. The rooms are very comfortable and great at the price they charge. I would recommend it if you are looking for comfort and great values. I did see the manager had added a lot of personal touches to make the guests feel welcome. Joe at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Our desire is that you are not only comfortable but become "family"