Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
$109
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Austin Marriott North(Round Rock)
$119
$110
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$80
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$114
$102
Best Western Executive Inn(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$74
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$81
$139
$125
Courtyard
$99
$83
$75
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskfood areatwo bedroom suiteunder renovationgreat staffgreat roomliving areahotel roomcomfortable staygreat place to stayhotel staffwafflesvanessaaustingmstovepet
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on business. The rooms are very comfortable and great at the price they charge. I would recommend it if you are looking for comfort and great values. I did see the manager had added a lot of personal touches to make the guests feel welcome. Joe at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Our desire is that you are not only comfortable but become "family"

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I will admit right up front that my terrible experience with this hotel began with my error. My warning about this hotel is that you'd better be sure to read the cancellation policy well and be informed before you agree to stay there. If you don't, the management will not work well with you to solve the issue or be very responsive to your problem. Most hotels, in my experience, will work with you to resolve a big issue, but that did not happen for me. When I read other reviews of this hotel, i see that I am not alone.

I missed a 30 days in advance cancellation deadline for a reservation that was made 10 months in advance of the stay and tried to find a way to work it out. The GM of this hotel was dismissive, would not return my calls, was terse in emails and completely unhelpful to me personally. I found out later that someone at the hotel did submit paperwork to my credit card company that I never got to see. If the hotel staff had given me the same courtesy that was given to the credit card company, maybe the whole situation could have been avoided.

I contacted the customer relations department and the corporate offices for Staybridge Suites. Corporate assigned a mediator to help solve my problem. The corporate mediator asked the General Manager to give me a courtesy refund or to allow me to apply the charge to a future stay. The General Manager refused both solutions. The fact that I had received contradicting confirmation emails made no difference. The fact that I had received an email canceling my reservation with no mention of a penalty made no difference. I only found out that the hotel had charged my credit card with the full amount for the stay when I received my bill.

A reasonable business operator would have at least tried to work me a little. The only solution that the GM would entertain was for me to pay over $1900 for a stay that I did not use.

I travel quite a lot with my family and would never stay in this or any other Staybridge Suites hotel. The risk is too great. Their communications are faulty and, in my case, did not include cancellation policies that were in force. The communications are so faulty that the GM admitted, in an email, that certain confirmations emails do not include cancellation policies. How can a customer be expected to follow a cancellation policy that is not mentioned?

The management of this hotel never treated me a customer...only as a problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Micky O
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

It is unfortunate that you had an issue with your reservation. Our greatest desire is for the guest who made a reservation to actually get to stay with us. Due to the FORMULA ONE SPECIAL EVENT being a city wide sell out months in advance we have a very clear and detailed cancellation policy that must be agreed to before placing a reservation. The system will not issue a confirmation number without agreeing and fully reading our policy, as has been reiterated many times in our many conversations. We value our guests and always try to be as accommodating as possible given each situation, during a city wide sell out event our choices are limited, and this is the purpose of our detailed cancellation disclosure so there are no misunderstandings of the hotels and guests responsibility concerning each individual reservation.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Round Rock Staybridge for two weeks on business with seven other team members, and I was very pleased. The staff was very accommodating, holding the shared vehicle keys at the front desk and making sure parking spaces were available for our trailer and truck.

The front desk staff was outstanding. Joe was always there answering questions about local eateries, making me new room key when I lost it, and had a good spirit to make me smile after a long day of work. Naomi was also great, always greeting me by name as I passed her on the way out each day.

The beds were soft, towels thick, and housekeeping friendly, making my bed each day, changing towels, and even put my dishes in the washer for me. This place is better then living at home with mom!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Austin area as it's right off I 35 just miles from the central city.

-Matt

Room Tip: Fourth floor and use the stairs, Get a little exercise on your trip.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt F
GMAGMRR, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are thankful to you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Service is our goal, and I am glad we met that with your stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and I don't travel much anymore but I used to quite often with my company. In the past and present I haven't ever had a General Manager who was as concerned and showed as much hospitality as Brandon Cantrell did at this hotel He went out of his way to come and check on how our breakfast was and how our room was. If I owned my own business I would want a guy like Brandon to run it for me. In todays age where everyone is more concerned about computers and numbers he exuded the old fashioned customer service we used to see in the 50's when I was younger. His staff mirrors his leadership also and it's what made me go online to write this excellent review.

Thanks again for everything,

Tommy Watson

Room Tip: Book reservations way ahead to get a good room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

I love your review. We are always trying to provide what is lacking in the world we live in. It seems great customer service is a dying art, well not at Staybridge. The Art is alive and well, great old fashioned service never goes out of style. We are in the service industry and I am thankful you noticed!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pleasant hotel, nice breakfast, comfortable bed but pillows too small. Towels nicer & heavier than most hotels of the caliber. Rooms & kitchens well equipped although decor a bit on the dark & older looking styles.
However, Upon check in I was asked to fill out a registration paper with my name, address, email, phone, etc. I have NEVER been asked to do so at any hotel anywhere. It was an annoying procedure after being up and traveling for over 15 hrs. To make matters worse, I was called & disturbed in my room and requested for me to come to the front desk to fill out aforementioned form. When I informed the front desk that I had already done so, even describing the person working at the desk when I did so, I was told it didn't matter, that he wouldn't be in for several days for them to check with him. They further insisted that I do so immediately ..needless to say, I ignored their rather rude & insistent request of information t hat should be on file as a priority club member. A fact that was not referred to upon check in.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank WeWe

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are thankful you enjoyed your stay. We are working on a plan to update the hotel soon and bring in some color as well. We appreciate your feedback. This year alone we will be updating some of the suites, I hope on your next visit you can see the change. Great service, comfortable, clean rooms, excellent amenities, and a moderate price is our driving motivation here.