“Stay clear from the specials” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #40 of 346 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleburne, Texas
“Stay clear from the specials”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Mimi's Cafe seems to be quite popular, however, I found it to be just okay. I ordered the special of French onion soup (delicious), 8oz sirloin--tasted like venison ( I took 2 bites) with mashed potatoes that tasted like powder. Raspberry tea was bland.

I will be fare by saying that the sesame salad and cobbler salad seem to be a big seller. My Mamma had the sliced turkey with all trimmings--she loved it. Service was very good.

I doubt that I will be going out of my way to revisit. So many other great food choices in the immediate area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Monica N

Georgetown, Texas
“Good food in nice surroundings..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Mimi's Cafe has a varied menu. The food is quite tasty and the prices are reasonable. This is a nice place to meet friends for a meal.

Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
“OK Food, But Nothing to Brag About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The service was fine, the food was average and we probably won't make a trip back to Mimi's because there is better food all over Austin.

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great fun...for 88 year old women”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very expensive. Food....lame. Atmosphere....lame. Service....lame. I don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to this place more than once.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Tony L
Polson, Montana
“MIMI, this was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I were hungry for breakfast and finding a breakfast place in Texas is not easy. We saw Mimi's and it looked like a cute restaurant, so we thought we would try it. First of all the coffee was so strong you could stand your spoon up in it. If you like strong coffee, this would be your place. My husband ordered an omelet that was not edible. I ordered Eggs Benedict and that was the worst Hollandaise sauce I have ever had. And on top of it all, it was extremely expensive. We paid as much for breakfast and we would for a steak Dinner, bye-bye Mimi!

• Visited October 2012