“Food and maintenance below expectations.”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We checked in and a couple of hours later discovered our bathroom was overrun with ants. We changed room and the top of the plunger in the bathroom sink was not attached so you could not keep water in the sink. We had breakfast the next morning and I ordered a ham and cheese omelet - the cheese was not melted and the omelet was swimming in a pool of oil on my plate. The server, a young man, at breakfast was attentive, courteous, and polite. The front desk people were helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am very disappointed that we fell below your expectations, as we strive to exceed them with every guest. I will share your comments with our team and we will make every effort to make sure no other guests expectations are not met...exceeded even. Thanks again. Your comments will be very useful.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel because it was close to the hospital where my wife had an appointment -- the hotel and the staff were very helpful -- and it there were two restaurants (Chuy's and Salt Grass) in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for you reveiew of our hotel. I must agree that we have an great location. The excellent restaurants within walking distance make it extremely convenient and our staff is the best around. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

So glad to see a place not only clean and quiet but also friendly and quite pretty. We had family ask us to stay in a different brand hotel in the next destination and it was so dirty and disappointing. I truly wanted to go back to the Hilton Garden and I will look for a Hilton from now on.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you will continue to look for Hilton hotels whereever your travels may take you. Please come back whenever you return to the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The people were great and the location is good. If you are a family looking for good value this is a terrific location with some amusement parks close by. There are also some good restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tha nk you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We think we have some of the best people in the industry working for us and know that they take great pride in serving our guests. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I read the recent reviews of poor service and shabby rooms before making reservations to stay for a combined 9 nights in October. I had pleasant stays previously and was curious to see if indeed it were true that this hotel had declined. If you're looking for a quick summary, the answer is thankfully NO!

I checked in on a Friday midnight and was greeted by a pleasant front desk staff who got me my keys without any fuss. The room was in good shape. I didn't see any severe signs of wear or disrepair to either the furniture or upholstery. Bed and pillows were as comfortable as ever. Room was clean. Housekeeping was top notch - and honest... I left a phone behind charging by the bed and it was still there when I got back to the room that night.

It was so comfortable that I never got to try breakfast even on the days when my room rate included it. But it smelled good and the eating area was always full when I was heading out for the day.

The other good points to consider are the great convenience of having decent eateries surrounding the hotel - Chuy's, Rudy's, Saltgrass, the ample free parking, and the great location along IH35. The Premium Outlet Malls a few exits north, the nearby baseball ground, lots of shops and restaurants nearby in the La Frontera and Louis Henna area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for not letting other reviews sway your decision to continue staying with us. We think we still have a very nice product and some of the nicest people in the business working for us. Please come back when you visit the area again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very well pleased. Will stay here next trip. Location is very good, faciiity is top rate, restaurant is excellent. The only negative is the lowness of toilet stools. I do not recall running into lower ones any place in our travels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thanks for the nice review of our hotel. I will share your comments with our team and our owners. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will return if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice place to stay in Round Rock, Texas. On the south bound feeder road of I35 but far enough away so you do not have road noise. Very nice rooms and a very good breakfast, better than most. Many good places to eat close by.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We do have a good location with easy access to everything Round Rock has to offer. Being within walking distance to a few of our best restaurants doesn't hurt. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back with us on your next visit to Round Rock.