“BEST PLACE I HAVE FOUND AND BREAKFAST WAS GREAT .” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Waco, Texas, United States
“BEST PLACE I HAVE FOUND AND BREAKFAST WAS GREAT .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Check in was with a smile . I was tired and they put a smile on my face . I asked for some water and she brought me 2 .Room was clean and fresh and adjustable bed was great . Breakfast as $9.99 but was worth every penny . Parking lot well lite and my Corvette was safe . I will stay here again !

Room Tip: I had a back room that was quite . Great resturants in same parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I will share this with our team. We are very proud of our breakfast. I hope you tried our chef's homemade salsa. I have seen guests eat it like soup. LOL We look forward to your return.

Have a great day and thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Richardson, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The floor tile in the bathroom was broken/loose; the bathroom sink's drain cap would not stay in place (screws stripped, the lever to raise and lower did not operate properly); the bed was too soft (we both woke up with backaches); the heater was musty-smelling and very VERY noisy when it kicked on and off (ultimately we just turned it off and coped with the temperature of the room as it was). The table by the front window in the lobby was unscrewed from it's base, and one of the chairs was visibly coming apart (I pushed the parts together myself). The elevator was very slow -- surprising for a hotel that is only 3 stories high.

The back door access to the hotel was open late in the evening. A girl we spoke to in the (slow moving) elevator was surprised by how lax the security was. She was able to sneak right in without anyone seeing her.

Also: One of the loud-talking clerks made the place feel like a seedy motel. We were playing cards in the lobby and we could hear her making loud disparaging remarks (about what, we were never certain) on the phone. Maybe it was a personal call? I don't know. But it was tacky.

We had a completely different experience at the Hilton Garden Inn located in San Diego/Del Mar. They had amazing service and great facilities. (We were there for a week.). I don't know why the Round Rock, Texas location is so poorly operated, but we won't be back. There is a Country Inn just down the way from the Hilton Garden Inn of Round Rock. I am not a member of their frequent customer program, but we've been there before and it is a much nicer experience. We travel to Round Rock once a month and we will stay at the Country Inn in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. I have met with our team on a couple of occasions since first reading your review and we have made changes and corrected many of the issues you pointed out. We hope you will try us again if back in our area. Thanks again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The bed did not work properly on one side...but it was too late and we were too tired to complain - so we put up with it. However, my wife accidentally left some clothes in the closet and didn't notice it until after we got home. When she called the hotel they said they had the clothes and would ship them back to us - since they had our name, address, credit card number, and cell phone number...it cost us $31 to get the clothes shipped back. The irony was that we were in the area for 7 hours after checking out, (to watch a baseball game) and could have dropped in and picked up the clothes if the hotel would have just called the contact number they had on file.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your problem with the bed in your room. We normally get good reviews on our beds, so I will have the maintenance staff check the one in the room you were in immediately. I will also be in touch with you to discuss the rest of your experience at our hotel. Our team prides themselves in the service they offer and we are always looking for ways to improve. I will share your comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Positives: bed was comfortable, room was small but clean, convenient location. Cons: breakfast was 10 dollars, the floors in the room were uneven and the one request we had was denied. The front desk was disinterested and un empathetic. They did have complimentary parking and cooked but the cookies were hard as rocks. 3 stars because it was adequate but nothing special. For the 115 price I am sure there are better options which include a free breakfast.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our beds and that our location was convenient for you. They are Garden Sleep System beds and we are very proud of them. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I will share with our team.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a Hilton Garden Inn -- not a Hilton (meaning it is their "mid-priced" brand, which is steps above their "budget friendly" Hampton Inn brand but steps below their "full service" Hilton brand). With that in mind, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our room or the hotel. It was clean, well maintained, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is right off of I-35. So, if you need a quick stop or rest while travelling or want to stay near the highway for whatever reason, it is convenient. Again, if you are seeking luxury, this is not for you. If you are looking for a clan, quiet, mid-priced place to stay right off of 35, this is a great option. I thought the price we paid was very fair for what we got. Also, I have terrible back problems and their bed was excellent (I have stayed in many high end hotels, and for whatever reason this bed was far better for my back than many other hotel beds that I have slept in) .

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. Our team prides itself in providing friendly and efficient service. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hilton in Round Rock is a great hotel. Rooms were very clean, hotel staff was great. Outstanding breakfast. Very easy to get off and on to I-35. Some outstanding restrauants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a two day meeting. Juan Marroquin, the assistant manager, arranged the meeting room and hotel stay. He was efficient, friendly, helpful and personally took care of all the details to make sure everything went well. His supportive staff also did a splendid job. Maria and Melanie at the front desk and Maria in food service took care of all our needs. The hotel seemed to cater to business people during the week and the cooked to order breakfast @ $9.95 was excellent, althought it could be more organized. This definately exceeded the Hilton Garden standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the road and the pool area. Higher level rooms seem to ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 115degrees
Thank you for your comments. They will be shared with the team. We hope you return soon.