“FYI: Get Breakfast at Cracker Barrel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
california
“FYI: Get Breakfast at Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Really nice lobby. Looked very new until we got to our rooms; chipped enamel on bathtub, paint on door jam scratched off. You could adjust the firmness of the beds, though... a plus. We mistakenly thought that breakfast was included. Nope. It was $10 pp so we decided to walk next door to the Cracker Barrel. GREAT food there that cost less.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here under my Hilton discount. I usually stay in downtown Austin, but nothing was available. This hotel was right off I-35 and was close to a lot of restaurants, which was great. It was a short drive into Austin. I recall speaking with Juan and Joe. Juan helped me fix some errors on my team member rate reservation with no problems at all, and Joe showed a lot of sympathy when I mentioned that our door to our room was left wide open by housekeeping. Thank goodness nothing went missing. I actually had a good amount of cash in the room on the table next to the TV. The property exterior is very well-managed with the surrounding landscape of beautiful flowers. Our rooms, however, weren't the cleanest. There were little hairs here and there that were easily noticable, especially in the bathroom. Also, the bathrooms need major renovation. The girl who checked me in was also very nice, I do not recall her name. When trying to get back into the hotel through side entrances, I was locked out several times. There is some kind of defect in those things and it definitely needs to be fixed being that it serves as a major inconvenience. Walking around the property just to get back into your room is no fun. It happened to all of my friends as well. When I called to ask for a late check out (I was just asking, not demanding) a lady by the name of Maria pretty much screamed at me saying she could only do one out my two rooms. There is a fine line between being assertive, and being rude. I have a strong feeling she did that just to feel a sense of some power. Not every staff member you come across with will always be kind, I learned that fast when I began working in the hotel industry and throughout my several stays in different hotels. I've seen it all in the last 4 1/2 years. In summary, I would have given this hotel a 5 star if my party and I did not experience several issues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NextStopIsWhere
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

After a long drive and frustrating traffic on I-35 my family checked in to the Hilton Garden Inn. We were a little run down from the road but were immediately energized by Maria at the front desk. She was wonderful. She helped with keys, securing a taxi because our group was headed in different directions for dinner. She sent us on our way the next day with a smile as well. Great location, accomodations fit our needs, and super service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank razortravel
Grand Prairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We had a group that had to move to this Hotel due to another incident at a previous Hotel in Austin..We were in town for State Winter games for Special Olympics..The previous Hotel was needless to say a horrible experience and one that I never want to relive for along time.. This Hotel took in our group of parents and families no questions asked.. They made us feel right at home and apologized for the inconvenience at the other hotel in Austin..They checked us in and had us in our rooms in no time.. The staff there were the most courteous and friendly staff in a hotel that I have ever come across..We got into the room and it was immaculant.. It had everything that we were looking for in a quality Hotel..The breakfast was incredible serving everything from bagels to special order omlettes..It had a hot breakfast bar instead of just a "continental" breakfast.. I will definately stay here again in the future when we come to Austin for winter state games..If you are looking for quality,cleanliness, a wonderful breakfast and MOST IMPORTANTLY a staff that truely are amazing then definately stay here...You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: When looking for a great hotel, always judge it by the way you are treated by their staff..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had a pleasant one night stay here. The location was good for us and, like everything in Round Rock, it is close to the interstate. However, that has it's negatives as we could hear the noise from the interstate occasionally. That being said, you can walk to two good restaurants and the staff was very welcoming and attentive. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee but opted not to pay $10 for the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

For a Hilton Garden Inn, I feel completely let down. The A/C made a very loud click (that was exponentially louder in the still of night) every time it started. The carpets in the room looked very dirty and run down. There was hair all over the bathroom. Lastly, when the person in the room above me checked in (pretty late in the night), I could pretty much tell what they were upto - very poor sound insulation.

All in all, a very disappointing experience. I will have to look for better hotels next time I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Decent room, smaller beds but confy. Staff was okay. Breakfast was misleading. They charge $10 per person make sure you ask for a breakfast coupon that everyone apparently had.

• Stayed November 2011