“Good food - but I prefer a buffet”

Tarka Indian Kitchen
Ranked #37 of 366 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Tarka serves fresh, fast & flavorful Indian cuisine, freshly whipped lasssis & select wine & beer. Dine in, take out or have it delivered via Dine on Demand. We offer online & mobile ordering and have our very own iPhone ordering app. City of Austin recognized Green Restaurant.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am no expert when it comes to Indian food. I like several different dishes, but like to sample many in order to learn about new ones. Therefore, I like to go to Indian restaurants that offer a buffet so that I can sample several things rather then just ordering the Tandoori chicken. If you know what you want and you only want one thing, then the food here is good and reasonably priced. But there are other Indian restaurants nearby that offer a buffet a lunch and you can get so much more variety.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Conveniently located to the outlet mall in Round Rock, I love how this place indicates on the menu which items are gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian, etc. Great value, quick, and healthier than your average moderately-priced, faster food restaurant. I recommend the coconut curry with paneer.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I highly recommend this simple, industrial style place for healthy, meat free dishes. The food is filling, and delicious, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've eaten Indian food from coast to coast, and yet the food is consistently wonderful at Tarka for a fast food place. Usually have the Korma curry, but this time I tried it with paneer. Outstanding! Rich flavors, the heat level are always what is asked for. Another guest had Korma curry with vegetables, and the other with chicken. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who likes Indian cuisine.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is our favorite Indian restaurant in the area. Everything is quick and tasty. They have beer available here too, which is rare for most of the local Indian restaurants. Their naan is delicious and I haven't had a bad dish, but two of my favorites are the Chicken Tikka and the Saag Paneer. The rice is always perfect too, fragrant jasmine. They are very environmentally friendly and use recycled materials.