“Place that could definitely be considered home away from home.”

Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Round Rock, Texas
“Place that could definitely be considered home away from home.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Of course, being here on business is not always fun, but with the wonderful staff, especially the young man at the front, Raza, if I remember his name correctly. Not only did he help me out in a pretty timely fashion, he also gave me a few laughs and allowed me to hold a conversation with him before heading to my room. The whole staff is wearing smiles and are completely warming in the way they carry themselves. Wonderful place all around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Outside, inside & rooms look new, even though property is 3 years old. This is obviously due to the high level of housekeeping & maintenance provided. Front desk service was professional, friendly & accommodating (was her name Dana?). Nice small bar/restaurant in lobby, with what appear to be fairly recent modern furnishings. Plenty of good restaurant choices in the immediate area, including fast food spots. Easy on/off I-35 North. No complaints. Will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We checked in at 5pm and put our stuff in the room and left for moving into our apartment. By the time we were back at 1230 am, in one of our rooms, we heard that the tv on. We entered to room and found out that hotel manager William B. Gave our room to someone else and his clothes were all over the place. We went to the front desk and told them about it. They gave us another room and the other surprise was it was not cleaned/ inspected!!! Dirty towels on the floor smelly bed sheet. We got rid of the bed sheet and slept anyways since we were too tired to go back to front desk again. Everyone in the hotel staff were so helpful tho. Especially Raza and the other ladies in the morning shift! They gave us 2 nights free stay with breakfast. I am hoping that someone doesn't show up in my room in the middle of the night and steal my stuff! Fingers crossed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dogan O
Michael D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I first want to apologize for your experience at our property. I can assure you that this is not by any means normal for our property. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review, we use these in addition to guest feedback to better our property, procedures, and staff. We are finding out what happened exactly with this situation and act accordingly. I appreciate that our staff was able to provide a form of compensation and that you included that in your review as well. If you run into anything else please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again I do apologize and thank you for giving us an opportunity to better ourselves as a whole.
South Padre Island, TX
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located off I35. It was near many restaurants and a drugstore. The staff was very helpful. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast omelets and chicken salad, quesadilla dinner in the restaurant was tasty and good portions. The service was friendly both times. It was a quiet stay and good value. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was tasked to plan a wedding, so I started out with very little to no experience at all. I talked to this hotel management staff and they helped me setup everything. Management staff was very courteous and helpful in sharing their experience. Staff member especially Syed and Angelique were very helpful. I will highly recommend this hotel for any event. Since I only had an event at this hotel, I will only be rating the pertaining areas down below. I am sure their room service and quality will be at the same level as well.
NM

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Three things made the stay not so great... a pool with green water, a spa where the water smelled, and an air conditioner that never really cooled my room while it was over 100 degrees outside. The open areas are nice, but not enough sitting area. The location is good since it is right off of IH-35.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear JRinDonetsk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our location suited your needs. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our amenities and air conditioning system may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a very nice hotel in a great location. Staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean. Bed was also very comfortable. Breakfast was also fresh and good. Kids also enjoyed the pool. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business