“Good donuts, but not Krispy Kreme” 4 of 5 bubbles

Round Rock Donuts
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Katy, Texas
“Good donuts, but not Krispy Kreme”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Fortunately I have enjoyed donuts from many places and I also enjoyed the donuts from Round Rock Donuts(RRD). So my benchmark for great donuts is Krispy Kreme donuts and few reach this expectation. At RRD, I had the plain glazed, cinnamon twist, and Bavarian filled eclair. Compared to hot(or cold) Krispy Kreme, the RRD did not fulfill my expectation (although the hot glazed was close). The orange color and the yeast cooking story are cool for RRD, but the donuts are just ok. I passed a Krispy Kreme in Austin to get to RRD, so I probably will not return and pass the Krispy Kreme donuts again.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank DocBrock2

Medford, Oregon
“Good donut place, drive thru even has a pre- order taker”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We make a point of visiting donut places wherever we travel to compare them to each other. The variety of donuts that we all had were good but nothing that I thought made them really stand out from other places in the US. They had lots of customers on a Friday morning about 11:30 and so we think they are prized by the locals here.

Visited July 2014
Puebla, Mexico
“yummy donuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

this is a Must, you always have to wait because this place is so popular, the donut holes were my daughter's favorites.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm Beach, Florida
“BIGGER isn't always better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Heard about this local donut shop that was featured on, Man vs. Food and thought if it served gigantic donuts, it would likely be a fun stop for us. We ordered the large glazed, which came in a really cool shirt sized box. However, it was so oily, greasy and nasty that we ended up tossing it right out. It's the worst donut we've EVER had. Place is clean, service is friendly. I would try a smaller donut! The big one was just not good at all. Another table tossed theirs out after a few bites and picture posing. We wanted to like it, but the donut taste and consistency just wasn't there.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank flyrfly
Houston, Texas
“Truly Texas size donuts!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went on a friday afternoon before our trip back to Houston. Great! No long lines, just a very short one. I got the Texas size ones, one glazed, and one with chocolate topping. I had to wait to get home before I ate chunky pieces of each. Real yummy. I thought that those 2 big ones would last a little longer. No, gone in a flash. We enjoyed those yummy giant donuts

• Visited July 2014