“Round Rock's Best Kept Secret”

Sleep Inn & Suites Round Rock
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel is simply beautiful! The staff is friendly and helpful. I don't know why this hotel isn't full to capacity every night. The decor is well done with high end furnishing. The bathroom (which is a BIG deal when you have kiddos to bathe every night) is clean and beautiful. The view is amazing and the indoor pool is GREAT! We stayed for 3 nights and went swimming everyday, sometimes twice! The location is convenient to both I-35 and Toll-Road 45. We have stayed at more expensive hotels in the area but REALLY liked this one the best. We will be back, and we can't wait!

Room Tip: The higher the better the view. We stayed on the top floor, facing the back of the hotel and just...
2  Thank SeeWeGo

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I made it a point to come and rate this nice little hotel after an interesting experience recently. The hotel was very clean and new, much nicer than I expected it to be. The breakfast was a fantastic surprise... hot Texas shaped waffles which the kids liked and scrambled eggs, an indoor pool and hot tub, which meant that I could finally get a swim in without getting a sunburn or dealing with 100 degree weather! and very nice, clean accommodations. The staff seem to go out of their way to be friendly and courteous to everyone, which was a nice change. At a lot of hotels the front desk staff can be a little stiff, but these gals were so friendly and welcoming. The one blemish of the weekend, I would have to say, was this obnoxious group of softball players who were harassing these two poor ladies at the front desk that Saturday night. The other two days everything was fantastic, but on Saturday I was having a conversation with my buddy in the lobby and witnessed a group of people bragging about how they were going to complain to get a free nights stay, which I couldn't believe.They were so mean to these two ladies at the front desk and were actually sitting there in the lobby talking about all the things they were going to do to ensure they could get a 2 for one deal. We were both shocked, but honestly thought they were just joking until they began letting their children run all over the hotel unattended as they proceeded to get drunk in the lobby. It did get really loud so we just left, but not before I noticed how poorly they treated the ladies who were trying to get them to quiet down enough to answer the phone. No matter what anyone said to them, they simply wouldn't stop. It was just shameful. I had finally decided to come on here to do a rating after my buddy, who was also there last weekend, told me that he had went on trip advisor and saw a nasty rating coming from those crazy softball parents who were causing all the trouble at Sleep Inn last weekend. Those poor ladies did finally get everything under control in the end, but I guess the team must not have actually gotten their "two for one" stay after all, hence the horrible review. I am not really a confrontational person, so I didn't say much at the time, but I do want people to know what an excellent hotel this is, minus the guests we encountered on Saturday. Friday and Sunday were wonderful! My one piece of advice would be for hotel management to put out these types of undesirable guests as soon as possible. It is disruptive to the good clientele, and it makes it harder for the rest of us to have a good stay when we have to deal with obnoxious people. That being said, I understand that you can't pick and choose your guests so you probably get all kinds. All and all, it was a rather good weekend, and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The kids had fun. The price was good, and it was a heck of a deal. If you are not trying to take over the whole hotel with your obnoxious behavior, then you will not have a problem with staff here. The staff was great, and much more patient than I would have been under similar circumstances. I was only thankful that my days of working with the public are over and that I don't have to deal with stuff like that anymore....great hotel, though, and a fun weekend.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best because there is no noise above you.
3  Thank GolfPro35
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stay here every time we are in the area. The service has never failed. Every employee in every area is wonderful. The room is clean. Breakfast tastes great. I am looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meegatravels
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed in several of the hotels in the area for baseball. I will be staying at this one again. It's newer than most. We stayed in a suite which was perfect for our family of five. The breakfast was hot and filling. Just two things to note: my kids did complain that there was a little too much chlorine in the indoor swimming pool and the pillows need to be replaced. So bring your own.

2  Thank happytxvacationer
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was the best hotel that I have stayed at in the last 2 years for Band UIL, the breakfast area on Monday morning was very busy but the person working was very nice and kept the hot coffee coming. I hope the school picks this hotel again next year, great indoor pool and front desk staff was very helpful with helping us pick places to eat and visit.. Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TooSassy30
Reviewed May 30, 2012

First of all the room was really nice, had a comfy new king size bed and a comfy couch...it was like having a studio apartment for the weekend with the coffee table and flat screen tv. Just like at home. I talked to one of the front desk agents there and he told us its only been open two years and it sure looks like it, they keep the walls painted fresh and the cookies are AMAZING! The front desk staff is super! breakfast was awesome I love the Texas waffles! And if you're signed up with choice they give you these cool goodie bags!

All in all I had a great stay here at Sleep Inn and would love to come back in to visit

Room Tip: Top floor has an nice view of the skyline!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel was not horrible, but definitely not worthy of the 5 stars many have offered. Everything seemed average until the morning. Breakfast was a near disaster. I went downstairs at 8:30 but there was no hot breakfast available. One poor guy frantically ran around the dining area trying to keep up, but it was obviously understaffed. Thirty minutes later, there was still no hot breakfast. To make things worse, the shower drain in my room was broken and I had to shower in standing water. Also the door to a colleagues room would not close on its own, which could be a problem if you weren't aware. I recommend you skip this hotel and drive a little further on I-35 to another one of the countless chain hotels available.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business