“Great Hamburger”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I usually don't get a hamburger at this restaurant. My wife and I ate here on Monday May 12 because we were in the area. The owner and chief chef was there and took our order . I asked what was new for sandwiches and he indicated that he would make us anything that we wanted. He stated that he had just finished grinding the hamburger meat , so it was very fresh. I asked for a cheeseburger with grilled onions, lettuce and tomato. He makes a special sauce that has a slight barbecue flavor. My wife also ordered the burger. The hamburger bun bread is also baked fresh everyday. The burgers were excellent. In fact one of the best that I have ever had. I am 64 years old, so this body has had a lot of burgers from a lot of restaurants and fast food joints. These burgers are among the best anywhere.

2  Thank Jerry C
There are newer reviews for Round Rock Cafe

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ok, so I lived in the area for four years and this was my husband's favorite place to eat on Sunday brunch. The food is excellent. For three years, almost every Sunday I had the eggs benedict. That's almost 162 Sunday's. 162 egg bennies. I only had one bad experience. It is my favorite place to eat when we visit. The chef is helpful but quirky (I can live with that b/c he's a great chef), the waitstaff is usually horrible but the food makes up for it every time.

2  Thank shufordn
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I almost didn't write this review because it seems we've found RR's best kept secret. A lot of thought seems to go into their simple breakfast menu. Even the fruit seem fresh and tasty. They also gave us Romanian whip cream that was delicious to go with our fruit. Nothing super special about the food, but way better than the national chain breakfast spots along 35.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

What a great place! My wife and I tried this on a whim and we are so glad we did! The servers are so friendly and beverages never ran low. The food was tasty and priced very reasonable. I had the sausage stuffed waffle and my wife had the french toast. Neither dish disappointed. We couldn't finish our plates. Loved the fruit with the romanov sauce. Good coffee. Wonderful atmosphere. Will be back for sure!

1  Thank Wacoans
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Finding a good breakfast place is something of a quest for us. We have been to Round Rock Café several times now, always on a Sunday. Several things distinguish Round Rock Café, in a very positive manner. First, the food is made to order and delicious. (I like to order poached eggs, with the yolks a little runny. No problem for the chef at Round Rock Café.) Second, we can actually get seated! Third, the back dining room is private, quiet, and looks out on a charming side garden, complete with birds building nests/raising chicks. So, we like it for great food, relaxed ambiance, and availability. This last is important to us, since it's nice to be able to arrive at a restaurant and be seated. We envy the folks who live within walking distance of this pocket-sized charmer.