“Good heavens, this is great food...”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 371 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Is it too unbelievable if I say that this is the best meat I've ever eaten? I live with carnivores and rarely do I participate in the meat-fests let alone enjoy them.
Except at Rudy's. It was so good that we went once on our drive south and planned our trip around stopping AGAIN on our way back three days later.
SO. GOOD.
Love that they take the time to give samples to "rookies" and tell us all about the process. Seriously, about ten minutes of time was given explain everything.
The moist brisket pretty much changed my life. The Prime Rib was so flavorful. The ribs...oh my.
Don't even get me started on the creamed corn (which ordinarily I despise). And it really was real-deal banana pudding with vanilla wafers and tons of bananas.
We are looking to have a whole bunch shipped for our next occasion which we might concoct to have a reason to get more of this stuff.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have eaten here many times - and it always is great. Went over a busy noon hour, lined moved quick and plenty of fresh brewed Sweet Tea in the hoppers. Keep up the good work Rudy's!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Fantastic grub, priced fair. You can sit quietly or you can take it back to your room. Just do it, its good stuff.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm giving Rudy's a "Very Good" on the basis of the food relative to the expense and expectations. No, it is not as good as Franklin or Louie Mueller or Smitty's. But I didn't expect it to be. As it stands, the quality, cost, and convenience make this place a better than average value. If you just need good barbecue, and aren't looking for anything mindblowing (or that requires a 30-mile drive), this is a fine option.

Get: moist brisket, creamed corn
Avoid: lean brisket (always)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was in town for business and my client suggested we go here and man I'm glad he did. I used to live in Texas and really miss good brisket so this place hit the spot. Great selection of meats and the sausage with jalapeno was fantastic. Good sides and I didn't have room for dessert.

Very friendly staff and don't pass it by just because it's part gas station.

Can't wait to go back!