“Amazing, melt in your mouth brisket!”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 386 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very charming place right off I35, serving only a few different things, but doing them all very well! Grab a beer while you wait in queue. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm not going to start this review by claiming Rudy's is the best BBQ in the Austin / Round Rock area - there are simply too many to realistically compare them all. They all appear to have won an award for something in their histories, so the least you can tell is that they've felt proud enough of their food & service to try to claim to be the best at some point!

This particular branch of Rudy's seems to be pretty much an identikit of the one on Research in North Austin. They're probably all pretty similar. If you're hoping for a romantic meal for 2, then this isn't your place. If you're long-married and looking for some good food - specifically meat - then you'll not do much better than Rudy's.

The Moist Brisket is amazing - soooo juicy without being covered in fat & chewy. I've also tried the lean brisket, the Smoked Turkey Breast and the Jalapeno Sausage - all delicious.
Their Cream Corn side is fantastic, but is more like a desert - it's that creamy!

If you happen to work for one of the large employers in the North Austin / Round Rock area then this is ideal for a quick team lunch. The queue can get a little long at lunch time, but they try to serve you quickly and I've never not found a seat at one of the long picnic tables / bench style seats.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You have to try their extra moist brisket! It s to die for! If you're looking for a very chill laid back place to eat some great BBQ, this is your place! If you're a newbie tell your cashier because they'll let you taste the meet before you buy! Brisket and sausage are delicious although I prefer the turkey at salt lick. Their sides are very good, potato salad, cream corn, slaw... Try the BBQ here! It might look a little weird from the outside but once you taste it you won't regret it!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place was not what I expected but it was definitely worth the visit. I was expecting a sit down restaurant with wait staff and a bar. However, it's actually like a fast food restaurant where you order at the counter and then take your tray to your table. Not exactly the relaxing dinner I had planned but it was still fun and the food was decent. I had the lean brisket which was a little dry but still pretty tasty. My favorite part was the wood burning stove in the seating area. It was so warm and comfy; I could have cuddled up with a blanket and gone to sleep. I'm from illinois and I'm always cold so this might not suit your fancy. They do have patio and additional indoor seating that's not so warm if you like. Definitely worth a try if your in town.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Glad I didn't let my judgement get the better of me. The turkey and lean brisket were great and the portions are well priced. I could have really doubled up on new potatoes and the most amazing creamed corn ever. The ladies that helped us were super friendly and made it a great experience.