“Gret BBQ for a Northerner!”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #6 of 353 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Pennsylvania, USA
“Gret BBQ for a Northerner!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I recently ate at Salt Lick while visiting my daughter and family in Austin. I am from the Northeast so good BBQ is hard to find. Friends who are former Texans recommended I try Salt Lick. It was a great meal and great value. I had the brisket/rib plate and it was delicious. The service was quick and friendly. I was so impressed that I had my lunch at their taco stand at the airport when I flew out. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Texas!

• Visited June 2014

Central Texas
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've had the opportunity to eat at this Salt Lick location twice now & both times have been fantastic. The ribs are my favorite, but the sausage and brisket is great too. The sauce at Salt Lick just enhances the BBQ all the more. I recommend getting the combo plate with brisket, sausage, and ribs and get a taste of it all! Service is average, but the food more than makes up for it!

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing BBQ!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Salt luck is hands down my favorite place for BBQ! Great service. I've been to both locations and loved it! Would recommend to everyone! Even bought BBQ sauce to take home

• Visited April 2014
Houston, Texas
“Finger licking good”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Great good, Great price and good atmosphere. Cole slaw was the best I ever had. You get so much for not a very expensive price

• Visited May 2014
Tulsa
“Good, but there is better in Austin”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I went to Salt Lick after recommendations from a number of people. I ordered the Thurman plate with brisket, sausage, and a rib. The rib was the best part of the plate, the sausage was really good, but the brisket was just good. The brisket was moist and tasty, but didn't have a good seasoning and rub on the outside.

The beans, cole slaw, and potato salad were good but not stellar. The reason I would go back was because of the sauce. It was wonderful. I would order some bland brisket just to slather it with the sauce. It would be worth it.

In essence, it was really good BBQ, but not incredible.

Visited June 2014