“Classic BBQ in a relaxed environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #5 of 349 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Classic BBQ in a relaxed environment”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Tried this place after moving to the Austin area and hearing so much about it. There were no disappointments! The service was great, the quality of this traditional Texas BBQ lived up to the expectations in every way! I'd suggest going for the all you can eat family version as the food just keeps coming! The only thing I'd like to see are some booths in addition to the bench & table seating.

“Consistently great BBQ!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food is always good, service is usually good and beer is cold. We used to drive to Driftwood to the original location but the last time we made the near 1 hour one way trek were disappointed in both the food and service. The Round Rock location doesn't quite have the ambiance of the original location, but 9 times out of 10, we leave there satisfied with money well spent.

• Visited April 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Pretty Good 'Cue!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to 2 Salt Lick Locations. The original, and now the one in Round Rock. This doesn't really have the ambiance of the one in Driftwood, but the food is the same quality. It's good BBQ. I had the rib plate, and was completely satisfied with what I got. The wait wasn't TOO bad, but prepare to stand in line for a while. The beer was cold, and the serving staff was great. As we were walking out, I pointed to a window for my wife to look at their smoker. One of the cooks saw us and invited us in to see it up close. It's a huge horseshoe shaped smoker with rebar for a grill and brick construction. He was proud of it, and for good reason! My father in law lives in Round Rock, and I'll definitely be up for The Salt Lick the next time we visit.

• Visited April 2014
Round Rock, Texas
“Just like the original!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

EVERYTHING is wonderful! Brisket is tender, turkey is out of this world. I love the potato salad and the bread. Love the atomsphere!

• Visited January 2014
“Not bad”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The brisket was just okay. I've had better, but only at a couple of other places. What really keeps me going back there are the beef ribs. These things are awesome! Sauce dripping all over them, perfectly seasoned, and they fall off the bone to boot. Other than the ribs, everything else is just mediocre.

• Visited March 2014