“Best Tex BBQ”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #4 of 366 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of the best BBQs anywhere, with a diversified menu and distinctly TX atmosphere. The bench seating in a large cafeteria- like room is comfortable. Every now and then a freight train goes by across US 79, lending to the atmosphere.

The brisket was especially good - but so were the rib dishes at our table, with an excellent beer selection. The main business here is eating TX BBQ along with a good beer. If you want the best, come here and put up with the seating, noisy atmosphere and anything else that detracts from that . . .

Reviewed February 1, 2014

As we were walking up to the hostess stand, we were greeted by that very distinct smoke/BBQ scent wafting thru the air. ahhh. By the look of the large parking lot, it was already busy. We were seated right away. One of us ordered the all-you-can-eat dinner and the other ordered a combo plate. The all-you-can-eat comes with sides of potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and Texas toast loaf bread, served family style. And, of course, an initial plate of the meats: brisket, ribs, and sausage. The combo plate also came with the sides and two meats of your choice, in this case, brisket and the pulled pork. We are not huge fans of baked beans or potato salad, but these were good...distinctively different than the traditional favors we are familiar with back home. The meats...speak for themselves. Excellent! The right amount of smoke and seasonings. If you love meat, this is a place to try!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon with the wife and son. Loved the layout of the place, had a guitarist outside playing for the people sitting out on the patio. Inside was nice, picnic tables and family style sitting. The menu had a lot of choices, no complaints.

Now for the food. I thought the ribs were very good, sauce average, brisket average. My son had turkey and it was again, average. The sides were disappointing (beans, coleslaw, potatoe salad??), But in the end we ate it all and didn't have room for desert, which looked great by the way.

Prices seemed to be about average. The a la cart prices were high. $9.95 for a SINGLE beef rib???

Overall a B, B+. I admit I like the smaller mom and pop BBQ spots served on butcher paper, but this place was alright.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you are looking for a great Texas experience and wonderful BBQ- this is the place! It is a simple menu, the sides are potato salad, beans and cole slaw and that is it, but it is the best i have tasted! I love coming here. I can usually only make it over there once a year, but i just love it!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place has some of the best BBQ I've ever had. The BBQ sauce is right on point and I always have to bring some home with me. The chopped beef is one of my favorites. You'll get large portion sizes here, friendly wait-staff and a welcoming atmosphere. The potato salad is out of this world! Always bring friends/family here when they come to visit from out of state. Highly recommend!