“BBQ Haven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #5 of 341 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rancho Cucamonga, California, USA
“BBQ Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Old School, Come As You Are, Good Damn BBQ!
Good food, large portions, great variety, family friendly.

Visited August 2013

Warrens, Wisconsin
“Had MUCH better!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The meat wasn't bad, I will give them that. I had the pulled pork and turkey and that was the best turkey I've ever had!! The pork wasn't bad. My husband had the pork and sausage, he was NOT impressed at all. I did NOT like the fact that you cannot choose your sides, when you are paying that much for a meal, you should be able to at least choose which sides you want!! The potato salad has onions in it, I HATE raw onions and it didn't have much flavor...the coleslaw, well, they should tell you what kind it is on the menu, in a TX BBQ joint you would expect a "normal" coleslaw, which it is NOT...it was weird, had some kind of bacon, tangy flavor to it, and also in a TX BBQ joint, most people expect at least baked beans, some kind of BBQ beans, not plain, undercooked, flavorless beans!!! The regular BBQ sauce was quite spicy, I could barely tolerate it, my mouth was still burning 20 minutes later...the bread, now, the bread was awesome!!!!! The restaurant is LOUD, OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SO LOUD in there!!!!! The echo is horrible, we almost didn't stay because of that, but we did...and we will never go back, oh well, now we know!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Anaheim, California
“Must Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited here because it was on Man vs. Food and we were not disappointed. Great BBQ and the waiter even gave us 2 of their bottled sauces for free! It was a chill atmosphere and they had great service.

• Visited May 2013
Centerville, Ohio
“Delicious local BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited The Salt Lick during a rehearsal dinner for a family member. We were all located in a room in the back part of the facility, which was extremely clean. The staff was extremely inviting and had the set up there in perfect working order.
The food, can I say, was delicious. The nice part of our group visit is that they brought samplings of every item and put them on 'family style' plates for all of us to share. The brisket was tender and smoky, in true bbq fashion. The sides of beans, etc were also delicious. The cobblers for dessert were sweet and really tasted home made.
Overall this was a wonderful visit with great food and family. I would highly recommend this for any outing, including a group function.

• Visited March 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Ribs rule”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Salt Lick's reputation and TV appearances made us want to try BBQ here. We ordered by the pound instead of platters, so we could sample more things. Initially we came for the brisket, which we did try; but we also decided to taste both the beef and pork ribs having seen them on others' plates, and I'm so glad that we did. I was disappointed with the brisket which was sliced too thick and was dry. However, the pork ribs were incredibly tender and fell off the bone. Even more juicy were the double sided beef ribs that had been smoked and later basted with not too sweet sauce while being grilled. I'm not a white bread fan, but their bread was the perfect compliment for the meats. Our server was very friendly and accomodating as were the cooks. However, when we called for directions the person answering the phone misdirected us.
addendum: my friend while on a plane layover in Dallas had a brisket sandwich which was tender and slathered in barbecue sauce at the airport Salt Lick.

• Visited September 2013